Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 09:39 PM   #1
JH BOMBER27
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello. I am playing solo with a Fighter/Mage/Thief and need some help on what items and skills i need to get. He currently has ++in L. Swords and Katana and +in S. Bow. I'm using the Blade of Roses and the Tuigan bow. Anyone that has played solo before oculd you plz help me on what items/thief skills/weapon profiencys i should get? I've beaten the game once so any spoilers are welcome.

I'm new here BTW.
Old 04-08-2001, 10:16 PM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I played it. I think you should get a point in flail and get flail of ages so you have an item to kill clay golems with, and that slows monsters. Or else you can get the staff of magi and put a point in quarterstaff. You don't have to put points in hammer, because the crom faeyr is so good that when you get it you will improve yourself so much that you don't have to be proficient in hammers to have it outclass the other weapons. Since you have ++katana, you should definately get the Celestial fury. Get robe of vecna to improve your spellcasting, you don't need armor. Get the ring of gaxx to go with the robe. When you are fighting undeads, you might want something to protect you from leveldrain, but just get that special necklace I don't know the name to, or get mace of disruption (the upgraded one).

Sidenote: I found out you don't have to have a crushing weapon to kill claygolems, just as long as you fight on their backs.

About the thief-skills, I think you should get 100 in find traps and open locks, and after that get 70-80 points in hide in shadows and and 70-80 points in set traps. After that you should concentrate on move silently (get it to 80). If you get ring of m... (in Ribald's store...this ring improves these 3 thief-skills by 20) you will be fine. You can also use some thief-items like boot of stealth etc, but then you you won't be able to use good items like boot of speeds etc. Don't worry about stealing, because you can drink potions and steal from anyone you want.

Hope I didn't say too many things you already knew.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it
Old 04-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #3
JH BOMBER27
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx El.

One more question though. I have heard that selling and then stealing wands from a merchant re-charges them. Are there certain merchants you need to steal, because everytime I try to steal a wand from Bernard at the CC (290 pick pockets) he discovers me.

Thnx in advance.
Old 04-09-2001, 01:51 AM   #4
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

It doesn't matter the shopkeeper.

By the way, you don't need more than 200 in pickpocket, try then. If you fail, then pause immediately and talk to him.

You are welcome

------------------

Old 04-09-2001, 08:57 AM   #5
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

It's almost impossible to steal from Bernard... even with a LOT of pickpocketing
Old 04-09-2001, 08:59 AM   #6
Lord Shield

Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
My chicken Fig/Mag/Thief intends to dual-wield Crom Faer and Celestial Fury. Good armour would be:
Robe of Vecna (from bonus CD)
Human Flesh (if evil)
Bracers AC 3
>
Good Heavy armour would be the Gorgon Plate or Red Dragon Armour

Old 04-09-2001, 10:44 AM   #7
JH BOMBER27
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thnx again guys.
Old 04-09-2001, 11:52 AM   #8
Lumanis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
It doesn't matter the shopkeeper.

By the way, you don't need more than 200 in pickpocket, try then. If you fail, then pause immediately and talk to him.

You are welcome

You mean I won't have to reload the game when I fail?
Old 04-09-2001, 11:58 AM   #9
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lumanis:
You mean I won't have to reload the game when I fail?
Yes, you don't have to. Just be quick enough to pause.

------------------