Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 12:32 PM   #11
Sparhawk
Quintesson

*LOOL* My monk is a mere human...

I certanly hope that Gab.Blades is wrong itherwise I´ll probally go postal on my computer...since I already switched....and YES Monks seem to be a little dull to play in the beginning ... I like to have many more things to throw at my enemies....thats why I usually play wizard in these games...different spells rock my world...*LOL*
An in the beginning my monk only has...fist!!! *hmmmm but it IS pretty nice to see your monk deal NEO-MORPHEUS-TRINITY-like buttkicking to the evil minions of Faerun *lOl*
Anyway...I´ll find the answer to Gab.Blades on the monk-dual-monk again question since my monk-cleric is about to lvl up again...and YEEEEEAH I´ve been playing all day *LOL*

J.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 01:32 PM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Are you sure that you are not confusing Monks in NWN with Monks in IWD2 who DO have restrictions on what classes they can switch to and whether they can switch back?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #13
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Under all circumstances....a monk CAN change back and forth Wheeeeeeeee!!!

My monk seem pretty unvulnerable already...he is only lvl. 5 monk and lvl. 2 cleric *LOL*

J.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 10-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And thus endeth the lesson. rotflmao [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:13 PM   #15
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
i could have sworn that monks werent able to switch profession and then switch back.
i never tried it myself, i do recall reading it someplace.
In NWN they can, but I suppose they shouldn't be able to. In PnP, if I have understood the rules correctly, Monks and Paladins can't resume their path if they have somewhere along the way taken levels in other classes. But then again Druids shouldn't be able to use metal armours without severe penalties etc. etc....
Old 10-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

Makes more than enough sense to me if Monks/Paladins cannot resume their path if they stray from it. Why would a paladin want to become something else than a paladin; it would collide with his sense of righteousness.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:04 PM   #17
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Perhaps the rules should make allowances for certain changes...I am a roleplayer and would never change my Monk into a rouge or a wizard...but a priest seems more likely to me anyway for a monk to change into that is

( can see in the structure of this sentence that I need Caffeine!!! )

Are there any good ´n cool stuff out there for a monk....I´ve got the robe og shinning +2, gloves of yellow rose+2, boots of soul+2, ring of resistance+1, ring of insight and amulet of wisdom.

I also have boots of reflex+3 and amulet of reflex+3 ... I can´t really figure if I should use these instead of my current gear?

any oppinions?

"Unleash the Casey!"