Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've got an associate that has a semi persistent world running, and after the 1.31 patch, he started having connection problems. The server and the game wouldn't run at the same time, and it's not allowing any one to connect through the gamespy menu. I've managed to connect through the favorites page, and through the buddy list, if he is in game, but can't connect any other way, and i added it to my favorites through the buddy page. On the regular page, nothing would happen, or it would copy it over, but show it as off line. Is there a fix for this, or is this something to do with atari's disc protection, and we are just out of luck until they decide to do something about it?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:20 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Just to check, 1.31 or 1.32? Going on the assumption that he's running 1.32... firstly I am pretty sure It's not a disk security issue. The disk is verified on startup so if he can start NWN's that's fine.

It could be either gamespy, his current installation, a game bug or a firewall problem?
Tell him to try the following:

1)Test it via gamespy's independant client rather than through the NWN's Multiplayer menu. If you get in easily through there you will know It's the intergrated gamespy console in NWN's.

2)Try a fresh installation (if you haven't already).

3)Disable all firewalls (check for any new programs installed recently and disable if running).

If none of the above work, do post on the official forums, perhaps someone else has come across this?

[ 10-15-2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 10-15-2003, 06:43 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Here's the other thing, if he uninstalls the 1.32 and 1.31 patches, his game works fine, and so does the server. The only new installs on his computer are the respective patches. There has been a big stink over at Bioware, but every one just keeps pointing fingers at Atari. It's my understanding that the problem was with security protocols in one of the patches, probably 1.31, since that is when he starts having problems. That was the reason behind my post about roll back, was so that I could get into his world, since I do some work over there too.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote