Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 12:42 AM   #1
Brenn Tradeck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never used one of the Elephant people (can't remember how to spell there name off the top of my head). Originally the first party I ever created I used one, but I deleted that party long long ago, I never used one of them again because simply I never could find weapons or armor they could use well.

What are peoples opinions on using one of them? I I like how they look and their description is interesting... but how hard is it to make them an effective member of the group?

This goes hand in hand with what I said earler about just starting a new party because I feel I have missed some things, some of wich i'm pretty sure I can't go back to.
Brenn Tradeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 05:35 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi, the Elephant people make great priests and wizards due to their mana seed trait and high spirituality. Furrthermore, they can carry a lot more than for example a pixie wizard. If you set their initial stats right they can qualify for Warlock from the beginning of the game. Later on in the game (in the areas around Ishad N'ha) you will find Oomphaz war leathers, and chain mails for them. So imho they are not a bad pick!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 12:58 PM   #3
Brenn Tradeck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks!

I made mine a Male Priest character, I figured since armor may not be available right off that this way at least it would have a robe as protection, I took a Pixie female Wizard though, put her dodging stats through the roof given she can't lift enough to have a decent armor rating.

I chose 3 warriors One will be a Paladin (human Male) another a Ranger (elf female) and the last I haven't decided on yet but I got one of them Snazy cat people that I love so much.

I also have a Thief (always need those) Rat girl she's good at pickpocketing so far as I have robbed all my enemies blind then killed them =)

I'm having fun. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-03-2001, 04:20 PM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

Interesting party you've got there. I myself decided to go only for 4 characters (you earn 1/3 more xp that way for each kill). Two warriors up front (elf and human) a whiskas priest and a pixie wizard. Made the warriors barabarians early on in the game so I got the lock-pick skill. But to be honest I had a thief with me until my barbarians got good enough to open trapped chests.

Good luck on your questing!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 10:19 PM   #5
Brenn Tradeck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, not sure why it's an interesting party.

I made it a large group so that I can split them up later on, And have back ups incase people go down.

I'm not going to upgrade my warriors until later in the game I want them to have good experience as warriors first.

Same with my priest and Wizard they need to gain alot more...

As for my Theif... not sure what i'm gonna do with her... the party is pretty solid i'm finding my party is having less problems taking care of enemies than past parties I've tried... (of course I spent a good deal of time rerolling their stats =)
Old 10-04-2001, 09:45 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Brenn Tradeck!!!

Keep us posted on how your party is doing!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 10:18 PM   #7
Brenn Tradeck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the Welcome, and I will.