Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
Pangur Ban

I returned a seed to that loony Sabastio, but unlike other guild quests, one seed was not enough. He won't say that the quest is complete for all the other characters.

I only had two seeds from the Bark Horrors near the grove, so I still have 4 characters with this quest active. I know Oakenmir has one ( I killed him earlier as an "experiment" to see if it could be done, and then reloaded the game )

Are there any more bark horrors to be found in the desert ( or anywhere else ), or do you only meet the two at the entrance to grove, and no more? I've been wandering around the desert for some time now, but haven't encountered any more of them ...

Pangur Ban

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Alas, for the dog could not enter the kingdom of heaven"

Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 08:01 PM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Bark Horrors spawn randomly like other creatures in the game. Run around the Desert near Cet's Pyramid with spawn frequency at the highest setting. And may Kerah be with you!

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 08:13 PM   #3
Pangur Ban

Thanks muchly !!

Pangur
Old 08-24-2001, 11:37 PM   #4
Boppa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Seems to me that only those in the WIZARDS guild can have this quest. You have 6 wizards in your party??? You may be searching for seeds from Bark Horrors for no reason. In some cases, all party members will receive experience points for quests that have been fulfilled, but only those in the GUILD will receive the level up for the guild. Perhaps I am wrong and misunderstand your problem!! I believe that, in actuality, only 1 seed was necessary to satisfy the quest for those belonging to the WIZARDS guild. By having each guild member enter the guild they should automatically be credited with completing the quest - even if the 1st member had a seed and the subsequent member did not.
Boppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 03:05 AM   #5
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Sorry Boppa, Pangur is right this time.

With the seed quest, each person that takes the quest must present a seed. If you are not using the patch, I believe that a seed can be passed to other characters, but I have never tried it. I have only once found seeds on the Brimloch Roon side of the Shrine of Anaphes and that was down near Talrik's boat. Other times I have "Tree Surfed" over to the pyramid area to get the seeds and then went thru the shrine after taking the third quest. (I like the third quest because you can get credit for it over and over and over again.) Just be sure that you are ready to face the Hydra before tree surfing.

The seed quest is also unusual in that the seeds do not disappear like other quest items when the adventure is reset. The last few games I have collected a few before resetting the adventure and then left them with a mule charcter at the inn. Much faster than waiting for Bark Horrors to show up.

Good Luck.
Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 08:31 AM   #6
Pangur Ban

Greetings, Boppa.

Just to clear things up a little ...

All my characters ARE members of the Wizards Guild. In fact, they all of them are members of all of the guilds. I used the 'guildhopping' trick right at the start of the game.

So, 4 more seeds I need ... Bark Horrors, beware !!!

Pangur Ban