Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 03:54 PM   #1
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to check the board for possible information of different party
compositions and how and when they have advanced to another class,
especially about Warlock's abilities (I want that identify).

Here's my party's composition with their stats and levels, I wonder if you
could help me out by proposing who to advance to what (I'll also list what
I have been thinking about):

Level 3 male human warrior
Str 16 Dex 10 Agi 13 Fort 14 Int 10 Spi 7 Will 9 Pre 9
-> Will probably go for Samurai, but when, how soon? Could do
it now except for the fact of not having found the guild

Level 3 female elf warrior
Str 15 Dex 10 Agi 12 Fort 10 Int 8 Spi 8 Will 9 Pre 8
-> Thinking of Samurai here, too, when? Again could do it now

Level 3 male guork warrior
Str 16 Dex 8 Agi 10 Fort 14 Int 4 Spi 5 Will 6 Pre 8
-> Barbarian, meets the requirements and I am not sure if I
shouldn't already make the switch here

Level 3 male ratling rogue
Str 10 Dex 13 Agi 12 Fort 10 Int 10 Spi 7 Will 8 Pre 8
-> Ninja, definitely, doesn't meet the requirements, also the
guild is somewhere

Level 3 female whiskahs priest
Str 12 Dex 8 Agi 10 Fort 8 Int 12 Spi 15 Will 9 Pre 9
-> Paladin, meets the requirements, but I don't know how the
spells would overlap here

Level 3 male omphaaz wizard
Str 11 Dex 7 Agi 7 Fort 9 Int 14 Spi 11 Will 10 Pre 10
-> Warlock, meets the requirements, but I don't know if the
spells overlap

I'm looking for some advice from you people to tell me when I should
ascend to another role, are there any overlapping benefits, will I miss
out on something if I do it. How long should I wait with each character?

If the wizard becomes a warlock as soon as possible, will I miss out on
the spells (sun/stone)? What about the priest etc?

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
andora20
Manshoon

A general rule of thumb that I use is to wait until level 10 or 11 before I change to a new class. You wont miss out anything if u change from wizard to warlock early in the game, u can still level up normally in fire and stone after u become a warlock. Every time u change a class your experiance level goes back to 1200 or so so u begin to level up more quickly. For example, say I start out with a basic warrior role. Every time I level up I pour all my experiance into weapons and athletics. When I reach level 10, I have to get approx 45000 exp points before I level up again, but by this time I have a level 4 or 5 in sword skill. THen then I switch roles to Ranger or Paladin, I only need 1200 exp points to level up so I can start spending ability points in other area's like Vine magic ( for ranger) and Spirit magic (for paladin). This is only a basic guide, it is subject to change depending on my needs of the party at the time, but I hope u find it helpfull

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 06:32 PM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Ok, your male warrior and elf warrior won't be able to change until you reach Ishad N'ha, which isn't too far off, even at the very beginning of the game. Same with your Ratling. I would change the Gourk right away, barbarian is one you wanna change to fairly early. Have your whiskah change once you have all of the vine spells you're gonna want for a while, probably all the way up to level 7 spells, so that one probably won't change until she's level 12 at least, unless you have a LOT of gold. You can't get Vine spells anyway other than by changing into a ranger later. Your Omphaaz's spells will transfer over just fine, but gain a few more levels first, maybe level 6 or 7, just to get some more spells BEFORE the change. In the long run, that'll probably get you the higher level spells faster.

Do you have any plans for other roles later on? Who do you want to become your Assassin, Valkyrie and Zenmaster? Later roles you take on, DO affect your ability in later roles. If you wanted to take you Warlock, for instance, to a fighting role later on, his Hit Parry and Speed will all be considerably lower for quite some time.

This is all my opinions but I hope it helps you some.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 05:18 AM   #4
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for this excellent advice. I feel confident enough to change the roles for my Guork to become a barbarian immediately, the rest can wait.

As for any future roles. Well, female elven warrior is quite a likely bet to become a valkyrie, gender got picked because of reason.

I don't know what to say about the Zenmaster and its benefits. It seems like everybody could become one and benefit from that. My human warrior could follow that path after Samurai. Omphaaz wizard can become a Zenmaster and the ratling rogue aims to be an assassin.

I originally employed thoughts to have the female whiskahs priestess, after becoming a paladin, to choose valkyrie, but needing vine magic at so high level changed my mind about that.

I think I'm in a limbo when it comes to further progress, I am not familiar enough to this game (never played Wizardry series) to make even educated guesses. Advice is appreciated, though.

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote