Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 06:32 PM   #1
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

Hello all

I decided that my female dwarven priest named Shonga needed a namechange.
So I went to the Inn, changed her name into Dawn which I like much better and when stepping out of the Inn I suddenly met Gareth.
He started telling the same tale as he told my party in the very beginning.
So I'm kinda wondering if it's safe to do a namechange?
Would the game somehow be resetting adventures or erasing info because it thinks there is a new party member?

I checked my priests journal after Gareth finished and all info that I gathered before seemed to be there.
Still.... this game is not exactly known for it's stabilty *cough* and I am not sure if should be taking a "risk" for something like a namechange.

It's just that the name Dawn feels so much more natural to me for a priest, hehe. Silly aye? What's in a name someone once said

Snoekie
Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 06:40 PM   #2
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Snoekie! Ah a rose by any other name. . . Well, considering the problems with the game, I'd be worried, but that my be needless worry. I can tell you this, when my husband and I both had games going on at the same time (he had 3 saved files and I had 3 save files) our computer was crashing the game (or the game was crashing our computer) all the time. So hubby, Jessman, finally got tired of being stuck in the Boogre cave (both out doors caused crashes), and he gave up - then I installed the patch, (I needed it to wear the vampire ring) and I haven't had any crashes since. Interesting that you should get the beginning speech - I never heard of this before, except when folks do the reset option of course.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 07:02 PM   #3
Snoekie
Dungeon Master

Hiya Mammawlin

I didn't dare to take the risk so I didn't go through with the name change
e.g. I did not save the game after that.
Just started again with my last save game, which was close to town anyway. I do not want to mess something up for something trivial as a name change.
Not after what I've gone through with this game already

I'm starting to get used to her anyway. Shonga could be good for a dwarf
She didn't like the name Dawn anyways...nag nag nag was all I heard for that day.
How I didn't respect her family by wanting to change here name and....hmmm, I'm rambling aren't I?

K, time to sign off and go to bed, I'm getting silly again

Snoekie
Snoekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 07:23 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL Snoekie!! Too cool, man. I do enjoy your ramblings so much. Well, I think that was probably a wise decision. I am so glad you are getting to play, I too would hate to see it mess up on you again. You can always play again and name another pixie Dawn (which is a very nice name indeed). Love your little waving smily too, it is sooooo cute. See you later,
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 08:52 PM   #5
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

Gee that's funny
I have changed a few char's names
I though 'green of the wood' would like
to be called lord Green now that he is a paladen
and i changed two others at the same time
and nothing happened
was she you first char that meet Gareth.????
maybe he was to much

I think you got another

------------------

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 11:10 PM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Snoekie,

Don't worry about Gareth. Did you reset your adventures and then reloaded a previous save game? Once I did that and Gareth appeared out of nowhere.

Don't check your character discussion notes, verify that you still have all you guild levels. If you don't, the game was reset so you'll have to start over or reload. If you do, all is fine.

Hope this helps.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote