Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Friends, I just started, and after my first day's adventuring, I find that it's night, and I can't see to go anywhere. Surely there is some way of skipping over the night? Resting perhaps?
Thamrys Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Thamrys!!!!

No, there is no way to skip the night. It's a little easier if you go into a dungeon and use torch light (or have a Whiskahs in your party (they see better than the other races during the night time).

Adjust your gamma on the computer options menus - that will help too!
ALSO - load the patch if you haven't already. That makes it less dark too!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 08:31 PM   #3
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Many thanks, Wyvern! I'll follow all of your suggestions.
Old 05-12-2001, 09:17 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thamrys -

well one tiny little addition - if your game ran fine without the patch (no big problems) you "might" want to consider leaving the patch alone. There are a few (cough) undocumented features which can come in handy but they only work in the unpatched version - the gold bug for one!

Course, I can always work around that too, if needed!

HAVE FUN!!!!

Wyv
Old 05-12-2001, 10:22 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello Thamrys Greybeard! Yeah, night travel can be really DARK in the Gael Serran. It is a good time to stand in front of the city and make adjustments to inventory and check everything out throughly. You can also wander around close to town to build up experience - that way you can run to town if you get in over your head. Also, time passes when you are in town if you haven't talked to each person in the stores there, you can to this too. Other than all the suggestions Wyvern gave, try to get use to the darkness and watch your MAP and wait for the sunrise - it is a beautiful thing! Keep us informed as to your progress please. God speed to you and your party
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 10:43 PM   #6
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Thank you again! I have tried the patch (too late)! and put gamma up to max - I can now tell, for example, that the gate to Valei is beaten copper. I can also tell the colour of the trees I still keep banging into, even with a Whiskas leading... can't say it's too much fun, but I'll keep trying.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:11 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Later in the game you will be able to learn a spell which will really help:

ILLUMINATE!!!

Wyv
Old 05-13-2001, 09:45 AM   #8
sirspitfyre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is always the obvious, play in a Dark Room. I like to hang a black towel over the window in my little computer room, it kind of adds to the mystique of true dungeoning. Not a very technical solution but one that has truly worked for me!
sirspitfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:20 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

sirspitfyre -

A darken room always helps and as someone who is very sensitive to glare, I keep the lights low around my computer all the time! Great tip to have added to the list here! THANKS!

Wyv
Old 05-13-2001, 12:15 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Above all else, avoid glare on the monitor. Especially monitors with low gamma. It helps upping the gamma in the game (which I think someone mentioned before). Just don't set it too high or you'll get that tacky "washed-out" look.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote