Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2001, 04:29 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Conan..what I found is that the blessings are completely removed from the item and it returns to normal once you've sold it. So if you have +12 Divine Chain Breeches of the Gods, they'll just be plain ol' Chain mail leggings when you go back for them.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 07:56 PM   #12
Conan

Wow! Sometimes I wish this game would just magically turn into WW-2! So many great surprises...why not that to. Second time through was excellent by the way everyone. I cut my staff in half( sorry, couldn't resist that one. ) and all finished without one disease! Love you guys, and the game.. Conan
Old 05-08-2001, 08:06 PM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh excellent, Conan!!!

I should replay with half staff too one of these days! Sounds like it should be more fun if less inventory space (but I no longer carry around scrolls and potions and stuff like that - just save room for my Maxfactor midnight blue eyeshadow - LOL! )

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:00 PM   #14
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Saz, there are lots of items that few people know about in this game. It is no surpise to me that I have found stuff that is not listed in the Tome of Misinformation. A cool one is the BloodSlinger Sword which blesses up better than the Sword of Argus. I have fallen in love with my BloodSlinger Sword and my Wakizashi +2. It would be cool to have both a BloodSlinger and a Murkata Blade, tho. I did get a Murkata No-Dachi but I don't care for 2 handed weapons. I did like it's damage factor tho. Blessed up it would do 21-56. But the BloodSlinger blessed up to 19-52 is cool for a 1 handed weapon. I think it is kind of funny that I have have 3 people in my new party and while I got Kerah's Sword, I found that it was an inferior weapon to those that I have. (I did invoke it on everyone, tho.)

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:57 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The main benefit of Kerah's sword is to give everyone "Guardian Angel" (a perma-Vine of Life spell when invoked) rather than to use.

All right, that did it. I'm out to find a BloodSlinger sword this time! The Murakata blade, though, I didn't think could be blessed. The Tomomari Katana I thought was much better because you can bless it WAAY up.

BTW, quite often, the undead blacksmith in Castle Shurugeon will drop a Nightblade, which is a pretty danged good sword for that early in the game. If he doesn't, try reloading and fighting him again to see if you can get it. It blesses up very well as well.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 12:59 AM   #16
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Just to help you out, Saz, I will let you know where I found BloodSlinger, but you might not like it.

I found it in one of the chests in Cet's room and only after I was level 189. You might find it in another spot since it was not the "Super" item in the left chest, but I doubt you will find it until you are a very high level character. Probably between levels 75 and 99 or between 175 and 199.

I don't remember if the Murkata Blade is blessable, but the Murkata No-Dachi definately is. (Two different swords. The Murkata Blade is one handed and the Murkata No-Dachi is two handed.) The Tomomari Katana I have blessed up to 18-48 and BloodSlinger is 19-52 with the same blessings. BloodSlinger looks like a Bastard sword and is one-handed as well. As you might guess, these are two of the blades I am using now.

Good Luck.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 04:17 PM   #17
Traute
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Unless you are planning on resetting your adventures it is often much safer to leave items in stores (yes, you have to buy them back) than on mules in the inn.
Wyv
<

Quite correct, but don't do it with items you've blessed/enchanted yourself! If you sell them, they're gone! Must be because they're so good the storekeeper wants them for himself!

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote