Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2001, 10:00 PM   #1
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Why is it that some of your best equipment doesn't show up until you can't use it? You almost always get the best stuff at the end of the game.

I am talking about the two treasure chests in Lord Cet's room just before the very end. If you whallop on Cet and actually sit there listening to Anephes instead of looting, you miss some decent equipment. I have found that I can loot the place while Cet is giving his speel and get some decent equipment. The best thing is to save just as you enter the room so if you don't like what you get, you can always reload.

Yes, the items in the treasure chests are random, however, there are some basic "rules" for what you get. In the left chest, there is alway one item that is better than anything else you can get in the game. There is always a 2nd item that is very good. (Actually, I have found a cursed item there, but it was a highly cursed item, a -4 cursed sword.) In the chest on the right, there is always at least one very good item, and one item that is better than average.

If you are not planning on going through a second time, these items are worthless, tho, because there really isn't anything worth killing after Cet. (Unless you want to go kill the Dragon or the Tree.[I like that phrase. "The Dragon and the Tree." Maybe someone should write a book about them.])

Here are some things found in these chests.

Left chest, Great item.
Eye of Heaven. (my fav so far, everyone can wear it and 35% protection on everything.)
Dragon Kimono (35% protection for everything. Not sure who can wear.)
Zunari Kabuto
Dragon Shield +3 (+9 sheild rating.)
Plate of the Realm (I think it is actually on 20% protection from everything but I cannot remember. Tome of Missinformation claims 35%.)
Healm of the Realm (also 20% protection on everything.)
Lance of the Lady (6-30 damage, I believe that only Valkaries can use.)
Axe of Runes and Stones (I forget the damage on this one.)
Sword of Hearts (7-19 Damage, Rapier type sword)
Murkata Blade (6-30 damage, looks like a Tomonari Katana blade)
Great Sword of Doom (8-24 two handed sword.)

Left chest, Very good items.
Plate mail +3
Tomonari Katana (I like this weapon. I have found it early and it can be blessed to do slightly more damage than the Sword of Argus.)
Trident of Tides
No-Dachi +1
Priest Robes +4
Dragon's Tongue (4-18, two handed)
Imperial Gladius (I forget the damage, 7-16 I think)
Robinsword (Rapier type, 6-14 [easily damaged but can be blessed with toughness])
Cursed Long Sword -4 (I know, proably not a Very Good item, but maybe worth something.)

Right Chest, Very good items
Tabi=Waraji +2
Assissin Shitagi +3
Ninja Shitagi +3
Tabi +3
Assisin Kabakama +3
Ninja Kabakam +3
Plate +2
Sylvan Enchanted Bow (+4 Enchanted, +5 Hit)
Robinsword
Seige Crossbow +2
Wizard's Blade
Orion's Hammer (2 handed weapon, 7-19 damage. Almost as good as Kraokendon.)

There are probably much more things you can find, especially the Very Good items in both chests, but I am listing only the ones that I have found there, some of which I have not seen anywhere else in the game. If you decide to go through a second time, some of these might be useful.

Knarfling

[This message has been edited by Knarfling (edited 04-30-2001).]
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 08:34 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'd chalk this up to the project getting rushed. It makes as little sense as only being able to achieve ZenMaster and Valkyrie at the very end of the game. Bradley has enough game writing experience to have known better so the only logical conclusion is the rush job to finish the project and get it on the market cause numerous strange results such as this.
The game is very replayable so at the very least your party can be well equipped for the next game.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote