Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2001, 01:45 AM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

He's now a 13th level Ranger and has just started the Serpent Temple. He goes to Bard next, gets Moon spells ASAP, and as soon as he gets Icestorm, off he goes to fight the Mantraps.

Iceberg Lettuce, anyone?

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 09:45 AM   #22
Radek
Red Dragon

Well, I'm trying to go solo as well (with a pixie, heh?). I want to criticize your decision ("I start him as a warrior"). NOOOO!!! You must start as a wizard! Otherwise you lose sun and stone magic for a long time (sun: until you become a samurai, stone: until you become a valkyrie!). Losing stone magic is especially painful - no Merlin's Shield! No sun magic - no light, no Incinerate!
I started as a wizard and continued as a barbarian, ranger, paladin, warlock, paladin again. At present I have all magic schools and 700 - 750 spell points in each of them. Xydussa? Helpless against Merlin's Shield. Mantraps? Reduced to a few mouse clicks. Well, it'll be worse.
Another detail: There is one place in the Dragon's Spire where (supposedly) your character must be less than 6' tall. Otherwise you do not pass. What race is your warrior?
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 03:15 PM   #23
CyberPixie

Radek....I think that's why Saz said he's doing it the "hard way"...he's starting with a warrior! I too, started with a warrior, and am finding it an enjoyable challenge. I definitely am yearning for Sun and Stone Magic but am finding interesting ways of doing without. Next solo run, I probably will start with a wizard.

------------------
"It is impossible to know all the answers. Content yourself with knowing some of the questions."
Old 04-30-2001, 03:52 PM   #24
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I think Sazerak is going to have fun playing a solo Warrior. I finally finished the game in one life as a solo Wizard and I found it not very challenging past Brimloch. Anyway, I'm now trying it as a solo warrior... Anybody crazy enough to go as a solo Rogue?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:43 AM   #25
Radek
Red Dragon

Please understand me well. I did not want to say that a warrior is a bad choice. I wanted to say that STARTING as a warrior is not good because you lose sun and stone magic. It is unnecessary. You can start as a wizard and move through a warlock and a paladin to the warrior classes completely legally without tricks with cancelled role changes. Starting as a warrior is the same as if you said: "I do not want sun and stone magic for a long time or forever! It's my decision!".
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote