Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2001, 07:21 AM   #1
treehut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My impression is that once my assassin received the Merchant Skill, the game opens up entirely. Money is no longer an issue and I can buy everything, I mean everything, I need. I can buy special arrows from the dojo and sell them back at enormous profits. Is the Merchant Skill that powerful or did I tap into a "previously unrecognized feature" of the game? (My level - I have yet to complete both the Dragon Spire and the Boogre's Prison.)
treehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:33 AM   #2
Tempus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you mean the buying and selling arrows trick, no that one was known. Having the merchant skill makes the scheme even better.
Tempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:34 AM   #3
treehut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Part of what I was saying is that after hours of struggling and saving every skull, arrow, and bow I could find to sell for paltry sums of money, it seems like a let down to get money so easily now. A major part of the game, at least the way I was playing it, patch and all, was no cheats. Now I almost feel guilty having all this money. To me this is a MAJOR milestone of the game which no one seems to refer to.
treehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 08:55 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Enjoy it!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 09:10 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Money should not be any issue in W&W: use the "Inn Feature". I started the game with 2000000 of gold. The sum allowed me to forget gold completely. The easiness of getting such sums in the inn makes the Merchant skill a bit unessential. As far as cheating is concerned, does it matter whether we use the "Inn Feature" or the "Stupid Shopkeep Feature"?
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote