Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I have some questions for you W&W gurus who know the answers to EVERYTHING!!!

1. I've upgraded my priest to a paladin, but didn't have all my vine spells at the time. Was that a mistake? Can she still get vine spells?

2. Is there an easier way to get to Brimloch Roon besides going through the Dragon Spire? It's a pain everytime I want to travel between Brimloch Roon and Ishad N'ha. Can just fall off going back to N'ha, but it's quite the trek the other way around.

3. How necessary is the boat? I'm afraid I've run aground (oops).

4. Where's a great place to rack up experience points?

Thanks!

Catz
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 02:37 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) SHe can learn Vine magic, but only up to Level 6 (Level 12 of the skill, since you can only learn prior magic at 1/2 of skill level). It'll be rough for a while. You may want to make another character a Ranger to fill in the gaps.

2) Do you have Moon magic? Can you cast a Portal and teleport to it? That's the easier way I know of...other than that, it's back through the Spire, or see if you can "jump" to the ledge...very difficult.

3) THe boat is unnecessary. You can pretty well swim everywhere you need to go. If you want to get the boat unstuck, however, a Portal in the sea and Teleport while you're on the boat will get it unstuck.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 02:45 PM   #3
Elara
The Magister

Try putting your game setting on 'Easy' before you attempt to climb the ramp on Dragonspire, using your most athletic character. Still ain't easy, but you have a better chance at success..
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 02:55 PM   #4
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, not sure if you'll want to use this(read it on another post) but there is a way to gain infinite exp in Anephas's Shrine. You fall into a pit fairly early in the Shrine and push a Stone Button while your not standing on the middle platform and it will drop a scorpion down, you can do this 20 times in a row before you need to kill them, then kill them and repeat, I guess they never stop coming, so if you really are hard up for exp, you cando this, but(unless I just can't do it) once you stand on the platform and hit the correct button to get out, you wont be able to get back down into the pit, so rack up all the exp you want before getting out.
Good Luck!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 07:58 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can get your ship unstuck if you want. The method for doing so is to swim out into the water and cast Create Portal then go back to your ship and click on it, then cast Teleport! Your ship will teleport with your party.

Vanish can also work but the results are rather random.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 09:22 PM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, it looks like the big question, Catzen, is if you have Teleport, Create Portal and Call of Home spells? With these spells you can move quickly to and from Brimlock Roon. If you cast Create Portal near the exit of the Dragon Spire the first time through, all you have to do is enter the Spire the next time use the lever and then cast Teleport and "poof" you are at the exit. Or you can go back to the "areas" of Ishad Nah (as long as you don't go into town) and cast Call of Home to go back to Brimloch Roon - "poof" there you are!
As for experience, set your spawn to frequent and kill more monsters. Also, traveling in the water without a boat will give you more chances to kill things and increase experience. And then there is the bug that when you kill Grue Morges (uncertain spelling) for the Thieves Guild in Ishad Nah, every time your thief goes in there he will continue to give you experience over and over (I understand the patch fixes this bug). Or the one in Birmloch Roon Thieves Guild is finding the Leprecaun's lucky clover located in his treasure chest. I have the patch installed, but continue to get 5000 experience points every time my thief goes into the pawn shop.
I believe as long as you have money to buy training in a craft, you can continue to get spells with level ups. Although you may have to change your role again to something different, like a Ranger or Monk to begin getting spells with level ups again. And there are also "Spell Books" you will find to increase spells if your caster has achieved that particular level of the spell, all you have to do is "read" the book you found and acquire the spell.
I couldn't resist giving my two cents since you asked, and the forum has been down so I really needed to answer some request for help to appease my lack of forum syndrom again. God speed to you and your party!

Mammawlin

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 10:52 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Jason: another way of doing it (the Infinite XP with the scorpion thing) is to set a portal just outside of the pit. (Generally in the corridor leading in to the pit room is a good place.) Jump in the pit, press the scorpion buttons the maximum allowed: 20 times (talk about hilarious watching scorpions stack on each other)! Teleport out to the portal spot. Now approach the pit where you can see the scorpions. Cast "Burning Haze" or any of the storm spells. Jump back in and repeat until you get sick and tired of it. You can also leave and come back to it and do it again later.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote