Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 04:41 PM   #1
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Great, I like the idea of passing the night in a dungeon, becaues they sure to seem to take forever. The question is, how do I know when it's day time again so I can emerge?
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 05:24 PM   #2
Moni

Ummm, when your inventory is so full you need to return to town and sell things?

I don't think there is an answer unless you literally time the passing between night and day on a watch you have sight of and then pay attention to it as you play.

One thing I did notice was that early morning light is yellowish and evening light is red-orangish...knowing which one you are emerging into will tell you whether or not you have much daylight left to play outside in.

: )
Moni
Old 03-21-2001, 09:26 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Guess.

I have no other idea!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 10:30 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There have been those who have timed the passage of day and night in "real time" and determined an interval. Unfortunately, I've forgotten what it is. I think it's variable, because moving around makes time pass faster than just standing still and doing nothing. Time passes even faster in a battle, and also passes fairly rapidly when talking to an NPC. So it does seem to be variable. However, what Moni said is actually a danged good rule of thumb. I've found that if I enter a dungeon around sundown, and adventure until my inventories get full, I exit right about dawn.

Good call, Moni!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote