Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2001, 09:40 AM   #1
kaythen
Dungeon Master

Does anyone ever get sick of the screams? I have accepted falling down ladders and getting hurt and falling off elevators, walls...What I can't stand is having one person in my party and when he falls, hearing a large group of men and women scream hair raising screams. Don't you think the creators could have gone the extra mile to fix this?
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:44 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Uh...pretend they're being Tarzan?

Seriously, yes, it is distracting, but after a while you get used to it. Probably.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes - agree totally!!

Would have been really nice if they had made the ladders a piece of cake (click on it when you are at the bottom and you go up, click at the top and go down). Has been done in many games. Guess it just wasn't a priority when money and development time became tight.

You might be able to ferret out the "scream" wav files and delete them but I have no idea how much it would take to do just that.

Anyone ever locate the character scream wav files???

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

A good thing though, is that there aren't many or anymore ladders in most of the rest of the game!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 10:15 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I probably could, Wyvern, but I wouldn't recommend it...as buggy as the game is, I'd be afraid of deleting any file no matter how ridiculous it seemed in case the game froze up because it couldn't find what it was looking for. One never knows what files will freeze up the game.

Option: turn down the sound on the speech. You can leave music up and running. Unfortunately, you won't be able to hear monsters, but I find their prattle to be annoying, anyway. (Anyone other than me get tired of hearing the endless bat screeches? And don't get me started on the Nymph prattle...yecch!)

-Sazerac

P.S. That may be my own "Windows Paranoia" speaking, actually...I just had to FDISK and reinstall Windows on a computer belonging to one of my students because one of their kids accidentally deleted or renamed an important file (couldn't figure out which one because the thing wouldn't even boot). Additional recommendation: if you find the character scream wav file, copy it to another directory (like the desktop or My Documents; somewhere easy to find), and then delete it. If the game crashes, you can copy it back.

"S"

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 03-09-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 12:21 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

FYI, the sound file is /wizardswarriors/sounds/group_death.wav. I backed it up, replaced it with a copy of another .wav file, and it's working - so far...

------------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:01 PM   #7
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got to the point the I either turn the speakers off or listen to my audio CDs.
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 09:14 PM   #8
Elara
The Magister

I've spent alot of time trying to climb trees. My party sure does fuss about that.. Aaaiiiieeee!! Thud! Onnhh.. Aaaiaiiaaaaaah! Thud!! Onnhhh.. hehe
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote