Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

Its strange that every party member has to complete the same quest to advance in a guild.
The toad quest for example means that everyone who wants to increase guild access has to go around the toads and chat with them (and its so far away..sigh) if they are all to get increased guild membership, this is a little silly to me.
About the sword of mastus quest, ive completed it before i took the quest, and i think i sold the sword, Can i do this quest? also wouldnt i need 4 swords (since ive 4 people who wanna advance in thew guild
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
Xignal76

Quests for specific roles (such as the Sword of Mastus for warriors) are only done once and then all characters who had accepted the quest will be rewarded.

Example: Have all warriors accept the Mastus quest, retrieve the sword, and have one warrior return it. Then enter the Armory with the remaining warriors and Smitty will tell them that the sword's been returned - and will still give then their rewards.

-------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Old 02-25-2001, 04:30 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

No, usually when you have more than one person out on a quest to find something, the first person to bring it back gets a "You found it" speech. The others get a "Someone else found it" speech, but still get the experience. They also move up in the Guild's ranks, if that is one of the rewards.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 06:42 PM   #4
Pascha

Yes, the guild quests can become a pain, especially since you can loose promotion acknowledgement if you do not wait until he finsihed all his talk ....

The biggest problem I see, if you do not do the Valeia quests first & then IN & then BR, your char might never reach level 7 (except for the bugs with the temple/pawn shop perhaps). Valeia can only promote to level 3 and IN to 6/3 (except temple), ie if you do the BR promotion quests first, you are "stuck".

The doco of WW is not really crash hot, so I built my own list of all promotion quests - but cannot be bothered posting it, because it just will drop off like the other info which I posted (and thought usefull, but I might be wrong).
Old 02-25-2001, 06:45 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Pascha - what posts do you think "dropped off"?? They do scroll down - that's perfectly normal.

Saz, I think did post a complete list of the guild quests a while back.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

I bet the quirk about everyone doing having to do the quests separately is a remain of the planned multi-player option: if you play with different players or even separate parties, this is necessary, and when the removed the mulit-player, it still worked so was not adapted.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #7
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

For those interested, even though i finished the crypt quest before i did the sword quest, when i went back to the tombs (which id cleared out) the sword of mastus had respawned, and yes everyone in the party who had the quest benefitted. Thanks For the advice.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote