Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 12:13 AM   #1
Moni

I am hoping for a sequel but the Cet storyline played itself out in this one and a new evil must eminate from some other source with a whole new plot. The possibilities are really endless.

Being able to recruit characters into your party as you go along would be really cool too, like Toads from The Toad Village for instance. I could go on and on as to where and how we could recruit other races and even possess the undead that we encounter to to our bidding temorarily but that would make for an awfully long winded post LOL and I am not up to it at the moment, even though the ideas are all here.

Looking forward to other posters input!

Nice thread Nano!
Thanks!
: )
Moni
Old 02-25-2001, 10:53 AM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If Activision and Heuristic Park DO make a sequel, what do you all think the storyline will be like? You know, what you do throughout the game to reach the end, and what happens at the end. Any of you have high hopes, and already are already thinking of it? Post your thoughts here.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 11:04 AM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You know, like have something branch off the Mavin (like the Staff of Power), that is used at the end (Heavenly arrows, Angel's staff, ect.). A new rising evil, that if not stopped, will be as powerful as the Dark Lord Cet himself. Maybe have Anephas killed (without anyways of bringing him back), and the Angel Kerah entombed in some artifact. This would give them an excellent chance at bringing in new characters (we have Warlocks, but wouldn't a Necromancer be nice?) like black Panthers (excellent stealth and night vision, quick reflexes), or maybe a Minotaur (could make excellent Barbarians, very powerful and brutal). Any input on your side?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 11:28 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'd prefer not to see a repeat of "the one magical sword that defeats the great evil" bit. Though in this game there are actually 2 weapons which can hurt Cet I really don't care for that whole plot line. I would prefer to see characters needing to reach certain levels, gain specific skills, solve difficult puzzles as their access key to the Great Evil.
I'd like to see the plot line less linear. Though there was some room for choice between Boogres Cave and Stout Mines, this game really requires that you do the Temple before the Castle before the Spire before Skull Castle before Anephas' Tomb. There ought to be MANY ways to reach the end and the order you are doing them in isn't restricted.

Other things that I would like to see are listed in (and greatly added to) the Wonderful Wish List. Maybe I'll bump that back up. That really doesn't deal with the plot line as much as the game mechanics.

Interesting thread, Nano!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 01:37 PM   #5
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

W&W is a great game, ive played dozens of rpgs over the years and most of them dont feel like the old-school games we know and love (an exception is the might and magic series)the secret to these games is the freedom you have in the game(enchanting, magic, lots of quests, lots of classes (and particularly the class-changing in-game option which is not seen very often). So for a sequel id say =>
Dont change too much
except
(1) the 3D accelerator support (i have a voodoo 4 which isnt supported but a voodoo 3 and 5 is!)
(2) less bugs in the game (but the patch normally solves that)
(3) a drag and drop interface would be nice
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote