Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Dragoon
Welcomed New User

Hey what character should i use for every classes? im a bit messed up there, I made a ratman or whatever their race a rogue, now no one wants him in any guild .., the warlock i made with a oomphaz, which is very good, paladin - human (sounds good), but what about barbarians and bards? shall i make my barbarian a lizzard? and the monk? just give me some advice out there of what u guys making as caracter, i may have to delete a few of em, a ninja with 30 hits points doesnt go far , oh, are samurai any good? i know i would have to try em all and see but getting money is kinda a pain, and they are pretty expensive to train. another things, Anhks, very good items but 625 gold to id? shall i just sell em? should i start gettings roles low level or high levels? damn im asking too much but thanks for those who will answer, Peace, oro
Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #2
Pascha

Hi Dragoon,
read my entry in the CHARACTER NAMES post (I believe it is #33) re character progression.
As you can see there, I like to change to get more skills/hp. Rogues are very disadvantaged chars, so I start a Wizz & make her Barbarian to get lockpick skills.
Amkhs can be id-ed with level 6 (I believe) artifact skill, but do (1) a save (2) invoke to see what it is (3) reload, until you can id them - they do not need to be id-ed to be used.
By the way, I do not use them until a char has 18 already - Ankhs plus "green" ammy (str for Wizz, Priest, Warlock) & Ring of Mariin (int for Wizz ...) are a good way to push abilities higher than 18 (24 is the max).
With 24 str my ratling Female has 104 lbs weight allowance. And with 20 intellect you get five skills points, with 24 six when you level up (not when catching up). Higher Spirituality gives you more mana .....

Hope that helps
Old 02-23-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Rogues can't join any guilds until you get to Ishad N'ha, so don't worry...it's not because he's a ratling. In fact, you'll find the Thieves' guild in Brimloch Roon has a ratling as guildmaster!

Although there are natural advantages to certain races with certain roles, in the long run, it doesn't really matter. Players tend to like elves because of their XP bonuses. Oomphaz are naturally suited to Wizards and Priests, but their horrible Dex and Agility disadvantages along with their inability to wear most armor is very problematic. Lizzords and Guorks make good barbarians, but actually, almost any race will do there. Dwarves can carry more weight than most other characters, but suffer disadvantages in Intelligence and Agility. Pixies, Ratlings, and Gnomes are great for agility and dexterity and speed, but they can't carry a flip and tend to have poor HP (and never will be able to carry much, even with a strength of 24). I tend to be human-heavy simply because I don't like the disadvantages of most of the other classes, and if you roll well, you get plenty of advantages. But that's just my style.

Samurai are great fighters, and can cast Sun magic with their devastating damage spells, so yes, it definitely helps having a Samurai around. Ninjas are great for stealth warriors and their use of Moon magic and its teleporting spells.

On Ankhs, just save before you invoke them, notice what they change, and then you'll know what they are. If you're okay with the change, leave it as is, or reload and give it to another character and let them use it. A bit of a cheat, yes, but it gets around the ridiculous prices asked in this game. (Don't get either Scronan or I started on this one...)

Warriors and Rogues can change to elite roles whenever they want. It's best to leave Wizards and Priests as is until you get all the spells you want from them, unless you plan to ascend them immediately to Warlock (because you'll keep learning spells in your original areas with no penalties).

Hope this helps!

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:55 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just to amend Pascha's great post a bit: To go from Wizard to Barbarian, it is necessary to choose a Role that will support the Warrior's Guild (i.e., choose Samurai Ascension), then join the Warrior's Guild, then go back and refuse the ascension (click on the Samurai icon to cancel it). You can then go to the Warrior's Guild and choose whichever role you want to go from there (for example, Barbarian).

-Sazerac

ALSO: Make sure your wizard has all the spells s/he needs before doing this, or it's VERY hard to get back! At least make sure s/he's up in Stone Magic. Sun magic you can retrain in with Samurai.

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 07:10 PM   #5
Dragoon
Welcomed New User

Thanks guys, i think i have messed up my characters there, like having my wizzard trying to learn all circles, i mean, i already had sun and stone, then i progress to warlock and have moon and fend, which is hard to get all the spells and books are kinda very expensive. i think ill just remake all my characters or just a few of em that i have messed up, thanks for the help guys. sincerely, Peace, oro
Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote