Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2001, 01:16 AM   #1
maxpower

Ok I know at what level to change roles and what to change them to...my question is at what point in the game should I be on my last role for each character. I would like to get each character to go through all roles by the end of the game, I am just about to do dragon spires (done boogers and stouts) and some of my party are only on there second roles this would mean that they would have to do like 4/5 role changes in brimlock rune and onwards. So im thinking to maybe push them through a couple of roles before I do dragon spires, like paladin and bard mainly cause the role quests are earlier in the game so it would save having to go back to far once im further on. Or is there plenty of time to role chage still left.

Also how far is dragon spires in the game im thinking it would be about half way through..??
Old 01-28-2001, 03:42 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dragon Spire is about 2/3 way through the game, but experience-wise, it's less than half, since most of the huge XP opponents you find west of Brimloch Roon. It's after Brimloch Roon that the game really starts taking off (and the scenery gets considerably more beautiful, IMO.

Also: There are opportunities to change to most characters west of Brimloch Roon as well. There's another Altar of Serran in the SW area of the Lost Sea for late-term Paladin changes, and if you want a Ranger toward the end, the Enchanted Isles are teeming with raptors only too willing to drop eggs. Samurai and Ninja, now, you have to return to Shurugeon Castle, so if you can get the 7th level Moon spells of Portal, Teleport, and Call of Home, they can be very helpful...otherwise, it's back through the Spire! With late-level Bard, it's all the way back to Serpent Temple. Barbarian can be done at any location in the game, since all you're doing is killing 20 monsters...any 20.

If you want to change right before the Endgame, too, the quest items for Valkyrie and Zenmaster are in Cet's pyramid. You can wander around Isle of Sands or Enchanted Isles for a while after (Cet ain't going anywhere, don't worry) and get them up to higher levels before going back in and offing the Dark Lord.

Hope this helps!

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
maxpower

Yes it does as it goes, i have moved my team to 1 bard and 5 paladins now just to get the paladins out of the way...lol.

The only thing I forgot to ask was about the assasin, I have the dagger but its stashed in the town inn right now. Once one of my team is assasin can they still role accend. I get the feeling that if assasin is so good that it should be the last role accension of that character/s.

P.S. a big thank you to everyone that helped sort out the kung fu kicking, as I have only just got to a high level kung fu I am well prepered. My Rogue has just given up hes sword and clutches Aribidens relic in hes off hand, hes about level 10 kung fu, and he is now my bigest hitter. Seeing as the rest of my group are at least level 6 kung fu I have an idea of them all doing the monk quest next and all 6 of them roaming around for two days kicking everything to death.
To add to the kung fu thing I have noticed that my rogue not only punches and kicks but about 40% of the time he does double kicks (with no punch).