Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 05:19 PM   #1
samiam

Is picking the lock the only way to open this door and is that devil statue in room before this on high shelf needed?
Old 01-13-2001, 05:28 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Is this the study?? hmmm don't think so.
Can you give a better description of the room? and the rooms near by??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 05:34 PM   #3
Serath
Manshoon

I think samiam is talking about the door to the liches chamber that lies just beyond the lift leading from the labyrinth. I think you can get a key from Adrianna to open this door, but playing out the dungeon will get you into the liches room anyway. So you don't have to open this door to get in. I don't remember the devil idol, but I don't think you need it for anything...

Serath
"Swords, not words!!!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 05:35 PM   #4
samiam

It has an alter like a preacher would use and the narrator says he should have some great treasure accumulated here
Old 01-13-2001, 05:59 PM   #5
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The lock can be picked by having a level 5 lockpick and a level 7 skill for your rogue (hence, the level 12 lock graphic you see when you inspect it)- its worth it to get the vamp ring from Adrianna instead of the key to this room.
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 04:37 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Try bashing the lock with a high strength character: 24 works every time for me. If you haven't got a character with 24 strength I guess it is high time that your wizard/warlock starts invoking amulets of holding, silence etc.
The statue is mainly meant to increase the time needed to complete the adventure: it might take half an hour of diligent work before you finally decide there is nothing you can do with it.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote