Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2001, 05:40 PM   #11
Erad

Vampire mode wasnt fully thought about during development, I think.They just added it that the game would be more "spicy".Personally, I would like that vampires would be hurt by sunlight (hehehe), and be harmed by water.Gotta go, cya on friday

Erad
Old 01-10-2001, 12:47 AM   #12
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Lily

I think I'm one of the few dolts that finished the game with a vampire, since I didn't know what I was doing when I met Lysandra. My character was a female elf, who then was a Rogue and later became a Samurai, Ninja, Paladin, Warlock, Assassin, Ranger, then finally a Zenmaster. Yeah, she saw some class changes, which you will see if you see my save file!

Anyway, I never saw the bite do 30 damage, but I guess that varies on class or something? For the female Elf, the bite did 4-16 damage most of the time. here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

1. Powerful at night. You will get combat bonuses that are noticeable. When my character was a Ninja fighting barehanded, with 12 Kung Fu skill I saw her do almost 40 damage in one hit, without hiding in the shadows or being beserked.

2. Biting - Not all that powerful and kind of a pain, but it can cause critical hits if you have death strike! If you kill some poor sucker (heh) with a critical bite, you will get to slurp a ton of HP, but this is really random. Most of the time, especially at higher levels, it doesn't give you much back. It can paralyze enemies, but won't work on the undead.

3. Ice Breath - You gotta get this from Adrianna, and its kind of cool, but the Moon spell counterpart is the same thing. I gave my vampire dragon breath too, as well as Evil eye, so she is pretty powerful.

Cons

1. Weaker fighting during the day - This kind of sucks, not very noticeable, but alas it is so.

2. HP Drain - If you're going to be a vamp, I suggest waiting until Skull Castle, then getting the Vampire Ring (need the patch or game go crashy crashy). You'll be stuck with it, but you get whoop ass resitance bonuses, and it stops the HP Drain! Note: Regeneration doesn't seem to help the Vampire bloodthirst drain.

3. Can't use healing spells or potions. And a resurrection spell starts you back nearly dead again. The Vine of Life Spell can give you a little more time until you kick the bucket if you don't have the ring.

Things to Do if you are dying to have a Vampire in your party:

1. YOU MUST rely on the fiend spell of Lifesteal. So, it would be best to get this ASAP prior or soon after getting vamped. Note: This spell can steal life from ANYTHING (might be some exceptions), even the undead! I used to laugh when my elf would suck life from a mummy, vampires kick ass!

2. Get the !@#$#$# Vampire Ring! Also get Ice Breath, if you're gonna be a vamp, might as well get it all.

3. You must be really patient. Overall, I would say the Cons outweight the Pros. I really think it sucks (heh, another pun!) that you can't get vampirism cured. Boogrism can be cured, but this can't and it really changes your character. PLEASE DWB, either leave this out of WW2, or make a cure! Its a royal PITA!

Well, that about sums it up. Vampire are interesting, and its going to make my ongoing fanfics really interesting...I wish being a vampire would make NPC's and townfolk act differently towards you, but I think even Spaceship Warlock had a better AI than WW. Actually, SW is the grandaddy game of them all, and still one of the best!

Happy Vamping!

Scronan the Bloodsucking Fool
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 01:46 AM   #13
Lily the Ranger

WOW! I printed that out Scronan! It will be extremely helpful as I purposely installed the patch to do the vampire thing! Now I can plan better. I am chickening out and going with 5 character. Cluck! Cluck! Rumor has it there is a fake posting site for those of us with CPD. REMEMBER MY FRIEND . . . spread it thinly!
Old 01-10-2001, 04:05 AM   #14
carg
The Magister

I agree with Scronan, except I must disagree that I'm a dolt
To me the cons pretty heavily outweighed the pro's, also because the afflicted character has been a monk and while biting did as much as 20 damage average, his double bare-handed attacks did over 50 at the end. The closest thing to a problem my party ran into at the latter stages was that the hydra seemed to dislike vampires, so my ex-monk got all the attacks, and I couldn't cure him with my healer. But he survived. (My 3 character party was WAY more effective than my first party of 6.)
By the way, lifesteal didn't seem to work on skeleton-like enemies: it did damage them, but no HPs were returned.
If you're going to try being a vampire: keep a savefile from before: you might want to give up and return to normal.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 09:24 PM   #15
Lorelei

I had the ring, had the patch, and still had the hit point drain. It was definitely not worth it, so I reloaded. The ring is nice to have anyhow.