Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 05:04 PM   #1
Glazs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it's a really small question, but i was hitchhicking down gain in the Underdark when i saw that there were some slaves around there, some of them where Derros...but i can't figure out who they are...could someone tell me...yeah i know you might find that obvious and i'm sorry for that
seeya
glass
Old 05-08-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

A kind of evil underground dwarves, just like drows area a kind of evil underground elves.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:16 AM   #3
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

In Australia to call a person a "derro" is an insult. It means idiot.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:56 AM   #4
Glazs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I thought Duergars were evil underground dwarves...they maybe another sub race no ? like gold dwarves ? mh c bizarre
Old 05-10-2003, 06:23 AM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

This is from my 2nd Edition Monster Manual:

Quote:
Derro are a degenerate race of dwarven stature. They have been skulking in the Underdark for ages, but they were discovered by the mind flayers only five centuries ago, and by the drow but shortly before that. The derro have made a name for themselves by their marked cruelty. It is said that a derro lives for just two things: to witness the slow, humiliating death of surface demihumans, and especially humans; and the perversion of knowledge to their own dark ends.

Derro are short, with skin the color of an iced over lake (white, with bluish undertones), sickly, pale yellow or tan hair (always straight), and staring eyes that have no pupils. Their features remind dwarves of humans, and vice versa. Derro have rough skin, spotted with short coarse tufts of hair. Most derro wear a loose costume woven from the hair of underground creatures and dyed deep red or brown. Their armor is leather, studded in copper and brass. Leaders wear tougher, kather armors, made from the hides of beasts far more rugged than cattle.
So yes, they're an evil race of Underdark Dwarves, even more cruel than the Duergar, who are marked slavers, while the Derro seem to live for killing and torturing.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:46 AM   #6
Glazs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx that was more than i could ever find about that
bye
glass