Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 08:52 AM   #1
Alilen Moonblade
Welcomed New User

Can you be certain classes in Icewind Dale 2 like Shapeshifter, and Kensi, and Avenger, and Sorcerer?
Old 09-16-2002, 09:18 AM   #2
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Sorcerer yes. The others you mention no.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Quoted from Interplay.com

Create your own band of adventurers from new 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons®

Character Classes.

The Barbarian- A fierce nomadic warrior of the north.
The Monk - A master of unarmed combat.
The Sorcerer - A natural spell caster, tainted with the blood of dragons.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

"Sorcerer yes. The others you mention no."

Although there are almost substitutes to these classes...the druid class via the new 3E rules is very similiar to the Shapeshifter speicalist class, and through feats he/she can gain even more shifting abilities as the game progresses.
Any class can be made *unofficially* via the 3e system of skills and feats, for instance you can choose a standard Fighter and specialize in one-on-one combat and allot extra strength bonuses where applicable, there you have your Kensai - minus major restrictions like not being able to wear armor or certain armor types (which is good!)
Basically the beauty of this system is that it gives you the freedom you need to be creative, you can power up whatever way you want to and tailor your characters to your liking. I love it !

[ 09-16-2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-16-2002, 05:46 PM   #5
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Alilen Moonblade:
Can you be certain classes in Icewind Dale 2 like Shapeshifter, and Kensi, and Avenger, and Sorcerer?
Except for the Sorcerer, no! And thank God! Especially the Kensai. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

In my old PnP, Kensai = Dead Player character.

Player Character Whine: "You're not fair. You single out my Kensai. You kill him/her on purpose."

Sick-and-tired-of-it DM: "If you were an intelligent monster, and you just happened to notice that this crazy human swinging a sword around had NO ARMOR on, who would you try to kill first?"

Whiner: "But they'd know I was a Kensai!!!"

Me: "How? Are these monsters from Kara Tur? I don't think so! Oy!"
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote