Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
Slain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

do you have to have the patch for HOW in order for cheats to work? If so where can i get that patch. Seems that the interplay server for hosting those files is down or something and cant seem to download that patch. Thanks in advance.
Slain
Slain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:42 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Slain, weclome to IW! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You can download the patch for HOW here

With regard to enabling cheats:

Use a text editor to edit the icewind.ini file in your game directory. In the "Game Options" section, add the line "Cheats=1". Then start up the game and press [CTRL] + [Tab] to display the cheat console.

For HOW the cheat code is different for than it is for IWD -- you will need to type "GETYOURCHEATON:" followed by the appropriate commands for the cheats to work.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:53 AM   #3
Slain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks buddy =) i appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:34 PM   #4
Slain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, i did download the patch and install it. And i also put in the "cheats=1" under the "[game options]" thing but they still dont work. I also tried doing both CHEATERSDOPROSPER and also GETYOURCHEATON. It always says "nice try cheater"
Old 08-23-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I hope this does not offend you, as I myself made the error of not saving teh change before exiting out of "game options". Did you save the change? If so, go back and very carefully make sure that everything is exactly accurate.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2002, 08:52 PM   #6
Slain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol... i would never get offended by any kind of help, but i did check and everything is the way it should be. Im not sure why it doesnt work. I might try and do an uninstall/reinstall. Hopefully it will work but thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it =) [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
Slain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well i did a reinstall and that seem to do the job thanks for all of your help!
Slain