Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 11:46 AM   #1
Nas'Greth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings,

Is it possible to speak with Hjollder, then attempt to reason with Mebdinga when encoutering her for the first time? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:06 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm, interesting thought. I don't think so, but things do get scripted strangely sometimes. Why not try it out and let us know if it works?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #3
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
well, I went to Hjollder before Mebdinga, but, alas, no "reasoning" occurred. It was a good idea, but Bioware didn't bother with this. If the tomb is desecrated and the body gone, then: why does M. care? why does M. stick around? why didn't M. stop who-know-who from the desecration? what is there to guard or protect? why wouldn't Hjollder (a barbarian shaman/priest) have GREAT influence over the denizens of the tombs?

Why can't the necromancer seek out the aid of a god? Hey, when you're rich and powerful, you can make deals....

- Twilight

[ 07-13-2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: --Twilight-- ]
Old 07-14-2002, 02:12 PM   #4
Nas'Greth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, in the end, I defeated Mebdinga and her fellow virgins. It seems that this is not possible.

Oh well. By the way, is there any way to aid that necromancer in the tower? I can still go back to Burial Isle.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:08 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Alas, that's another "bit of color" without any solution. The poor sick mage is incurable and is useful only for a little bit of info and the magic items he has for sale. There are a couple of npc's who DO have problems / issues which CAN be solved. Almost all of them are in lonelywood, but there is one who isn't.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote