Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 01:05 PM   #1
Old Lady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

These are of course, boots of speed from Drizzt. Does anyone know of a way to remove these boots! I have tried dying and resurecting but the boots remain on. I have tried exporting my character and creating him over again and all his items (including the boots) remain. I can't go back to a previous saved version. How can I get the boots off? I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.
Old Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Have you gone to a temple and removed curse?

If that doesn't work, you'll need to use Shadow Keeper...Shadow Keeper will allow you to "clear" whatever slots you chose...
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:53 PM   #3
Old Lady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the suggestion. Remove Curse doesn't help. It is not an option in the Temple. Remove Curse scroll did not work either. I am using a Macintosh so Shadow Keeper is not an option. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-13-2002, 04:03 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Do you have a hex-editor? If so, you can open up the file for that character and change the item from BOOTDRIZ to something like BOOT01. DaleKeeper is just a glorified hex-editor that has a nice, neat interface.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 02:12 PM   #5
Old Lady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help! I did find a hex editor for the Macintosh (Brainhex) and I was able to remove the boots. I appreciated the suggestions!
Old 05-15-2002, 10:26 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Excellent!

May I be so bold as to make a small suggestion? Since there are other Mac users on the board, you might supply the link for the Brainhex you found, assuming you found it via the Internet. Just a small service that will endear you to those who wield a Mac. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2002, 06:44 AM   #7
Thaziax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i've done this many times and can never get them off.
Thaziax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

Done what? Try to remove "bootdriz" by editing the character file with a hex-editor? If you exachange the characters "bootdriz" for "boot01" then the bootdriz boots will be gone.
A little more information and we might be able to come up with a "sneaky trick" to try. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2002, 02:24 PM   #9
Old Lady
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The hex editor I used is called Brainhex and I found it on MacUpdate.