Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2002, 12:35 AM   #1
Nester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The guy wont take the potion to show me the secret door, I had already cleared that area, and I cannot figure out the puzzle of the table, any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Nester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 01:17 AM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

R u talkin about IWD, or HoW?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 10:11 AM   #3
Nester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the difference IWD OR HoW, I have both loaded first Ice then Heart of Winter. If its something different please explain, but I really need the answer to my first question
Old 01-05-2002, 10:34 AM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

I need to know if your dilemma is happening in Icewind or Heart of Winter, cuz I haven't finished heart of winter. Just tell me where it is, which game, and i'll tell you.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:38 AM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

And I don't recall any potion that you give to a guy
Old 01-05-2002, 11:28 AM   #6
Nester
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok here is what I did. I received both games together, I installed IWD then I installed IWD/Heart of Winter and started the game up. Ive put in the patch and loaded the extra free area. Im in dorn's area and there is a large table with dwarven letters, with a puzzle on it, there is a door that opens to the same with the letters on the floor and I keep dying from electric bolts I cannot cross the floor. There is a man in the cave with the ettins, I read that a potion I picked up should be given to him and he will tell me where a secret door is to avoid the puzzle room. He wont accept the potion. This is in the cave that has those blue mushroom topped people that you kill. The problem might be I already crossed the bridge and cleared the rooms of drow's. The secret door should be to the right after crossing the bridge and entering the room. Please HELP!
Old 01-05-2002, 11:30 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

S-P-O-I-L-E-R
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
See The table in this room look at the symbles in the circles
that go around the Table, these are the symblos you need
for the next room. there are three symbols that match the
symbols in the room you keep getting zapped in do not walk on the
symbols in the middle of the room. they all are trapped.so walk around the edge of the room with just one man . to unlock the
secret stair case step on the symbols in the order shown on the
table once you step on the correct symbol it disarms all the traps on
that circle of symbols then go to the second row of symbols and step only on the correct one then repete for the final simbol after that leave the room you will hear gears turning then bring everyone back into the puzzle room and you can't miss the stair case.
go down the stairs with your theif leading with his trap search on and be ready for anything GOOD LUCK
Old 01-06-2002, 01:21 AM   #8
Durwyn
Elminster

I do not know how to private messege, so forgive me, but here it goes [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Greetings SecretMaster, I'm Durwyn, a Dwarf of Sword, Magic and Glory. I would be interested in finding out more about your Clan, and perhaps becoming a part of it.

My ICQ - 39405920