Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
Lukivah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a level 26/20 cleric/mage and Orrick still won't sell me higher level scrolls! Even after buying out his entire store he still doesnt sell anything new! There must be some way to get him to offer new spells! Maybe somebody can make a new Orrick who sells different scrolls after you reach certain levels.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:27 PM   #2
Subotai
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IIRC, there is a point in the game where Orrick will sell you new spells. It doesn't have to do with your level, though - just how many stages you've completed. Can't quite remember where it is, though....Or I may hvae been hit with a chaos spell.

Best,

Subotai, thief and archer
Old 12-03-2001, 09:30 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

He should have new spells after each completed chapter but he stops getting new ones after you've done, iirc, the severed hand. If you want more spells you can get HoW.
Old 12-04-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The dark elf trader in Lower Dorns Deep has a bunch of spells to sell.
And if you have HOW installed, there are two mages who will sell you spells - one is in Lonelywood and the other is - oh, that would be a spoiler.

And if I remember right, Orricks spell inventory only changes two or three times in the game, NOT after every chapter. I believe the last time it changes is either after the severed hand is completed or after the Upper Dorns deep, not sure which.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 03:31 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Didn't i just say that. He gets new spells after every chapter UNTILL you arrive at the Severed hand.