Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 07:34 AM   #1
NIcademis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ive got a lvl 15 fighter (157 hp /AC -9 with shield)so far....do i ever get companions?

im already 500 some gamedays into the game and am deep into dorns deep and am still solo lol

ive got both icewind dale and heart of winter installed was this a mistake to do right away or should i have installed expansion after i finished first part of game?

also how the heck do i get into that last door in the hall of hero's in dorns deep,ive opened all the crypts and fought the lich a few times but cant seem to get in last door in hall been looking for several hours and need a prod in the right direction

NIcademis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:47 AM   #2
Valoran
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I might be mistaken about what you're asking but unlike Baldurs Gate YOU have to create all your characters at the start - there are no recruitable NPC's in Icewind Dale.
And maybe I'm not that good but to get to Dorn's Deep with one Character only is very impressive!
I'm sure you need to find the Phylacterie( Or something ) to capture the Lich's spirit and I thought it was in the first room on the left as you enter.
If i'm wrong don't worry..I'm sure someone will give you a more indepth answer than mine.
Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Valoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:49 AM   #3
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Unfortunately, there are no companions to get. You generate an entire party of adventurers. Not just the one like in BG or BG2. You build the party you want and then take them all along for the ride. I believe you can still generate them as well. If you want them the same level as your main character you will have to download Dale Keeper and raise their levels.
Here is the link...
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/cheats.shtml

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 07:53 AM   #4
NIcademis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DOH! you make a whole party!!! man i feel a bit dumb now
Yes i did do it all with only one character so far lol
i did think it was unusual to kill 1614 creatures by myself with my trusty +2 bow lol
Old 07-12-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
NIcademis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

still cant find the Lich thingy
Old 07-12-2001, 08:10 AM   #6
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Spoiler...
Have you opened the door to the forge and taken the key from there? That would be the room just before the crypts. The one with the shadow who heals you.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 08:34 AM   #7
NIcademis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nope nothing from forge room with shadow-healer guy,could ya gimme tips on how to do this pls?
Old 07-12-2001, 04:10 PM   #8
Axterix
Manshoon

spoiler....
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/worldmap.shtml

Go there, click on Dorn's Deep, then look at Area 10.

See the Terkan's Phylactory? That's where it is located, the same room as his diary. Then take that to the area marked in red. Once that is done, the forge should work and you should be able to get the key (and the ghost will thank you).
Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 06:37 AM   #9
NIcademis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks ALOT for the friendly words and the help guys...still going it solo with my fighter...just got to 19th level fighting deep in the wyrms tooth now

i can hardly wait to start over and make a whole party lol i didnt realise it was different than Baldurs Gate lol

i think my main prob with the lich was i thought his container looked like a jar and not what it was...

[This message has been edited by NIcademis (edited 07-13-2001).]