Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 11:18 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I just finished the last battle, I don't know why but last battles always disapoint and dont live up to the hype. Pobmad died in two seconds afew I threw a cloud kill in the room taking minimal damage for the could, but the cloud revealed the real Pobmad and my fighter killed him while my other fighter and tow clerics where blocking the way to the crystal sentries who kept wanting to mage safely behing a wall of muscle.

I slept, remebering the fight with poquin and his love of fire in lower dorn(nearly lost my mage on that one), I prepare my protection from fire. I din't realise my thief still was detecting traps so I enter the portal think well Poquin must be hiddin behind an army of solgiers. Nope just him and two golems my thief sees trap I realise there dispel so I make a retreat arm my two fighter take theire bows and rain down all the +4 arrows I had left, My illusionist cast haste wham my conjuror dies next it's tthe illusionist . My clearics both casted santuary and my fighter are simply running in circle not geting hit and drinking (healing potions, and fire protect) they keep shooting arrows then one of my fighter is out of +4 arrows to he fights poquin with his sword, the other Figther as the golems at his back yet they can't hit him he's hasted on the move all arrows hitting poquin, bam poquin is dead clerics are bearly injured and fighters are still at the halfway point.

The fire Giant fight was way more impressive, (I would have been happy if it had been the last fight).

other stuff,

You find Drizzt's sword at least 16 years before he did. Meaning one of your caracters lost it to an Ice Dragon sometime betteew the end of Icewind dale and the start of Sojourn.

I get the feeling that demon you fought, is the same demon Drizzt fought in Sojourn also. so this is kinda of a prelude to Drizzt's arrival your caracter are the ones that put the elements in place for what happened in the dale.
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
xavierbreth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i agree. after the build-up, the final showdown was a let down. i played it three times to find a good way to pull it off. if you keep your party in the center of the room, the demon comes to you. just keep moving your weakest pc around the perimeter of the battle to avoid damage. one thing though, after my 115 hp fighter struck the mortal blow, he died. is that a common outcome? - Xavier
xavierbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:35 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

No offense intended to the Lord of Ravenloft, but Drizzt fought the balor Errtu, not Belhifet. Are we sure that the scimitar of fire resistance is the same as Icingdeath?

My question would be: how did Crenshinibon make it from beneath the temple in Easthaven to the middle of nowhere for Akar Kessel to find it? What ever became of the liches who created it?

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I was talking about that +3 scimitar Frostbrand It has no fire resist bonus, Still I think It an afull lot like Drizzt's sword same bonus same descript.

I hate to admit I might have been hasty in this is the same demon, but deep down I get the feeling they just made a pre-story to when drizzt arrived. Witch in a sence is an honnor to R.A Savaltor but takes alitle away from the originality.

Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I had my Paladin die once after he landed the killing blow. I figured it was because i had KILLED Everard so thatthe portal was actually still open during the battle, so my paladin must have sacrificed himself in Jerod's place.
However, later evil adventured proved this to be untrue. i suppose it's a bug
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 11:29 PM   #6
xavierbreth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Leafy.-Xavier
xavierbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 10:22 AM   #7
Erekose
The Magister

I seem to recall that the short sword "spell-diver" could be used to stop the devil from casting infernal conflageration. It doesn't stop him from hitting you physically but is quite funny to watch.

------------------
"You all wished me to arouse the blade and use it. Now, I think, we begin to understand the consequences. The Black Sword must be fed. It will feed on friends if it cannot feed on enemies......"
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote