Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
garrison
Manshoon

Default Dialog box

I was on earlier today at the same time as Dunvallo unfortunately when I finally noticed that he was asking me a question he had long since logged off; now I'm thinking, "to how many others have I done this?" My apologies to anyone I've ignored, it was not intended.

Is there a way to enable a sound or some notification that someone is trying to talk to me? I do sometimes close those boxes to have more clickable screen space.

Last edited by garrison; 02-18-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Dunvallo/Donovan - I was close, eh?
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
roddybug
Manshoon

Default Re: Dialog box

No, you can use "emotes" to make noises to alert other gamers that you're back from whatever. I hope that you know the different options for chat. The default is Talk. Click on that and you'll get other options. I'm sure that people will help you in game if you need it. I'd stick with leaving the boxes open if I were you... have you considered changing your screen resolution? It makes all the boxes teeny.
roddybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

it's all good I figured you were just afk or something along those lines.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
garrison
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddybug View Post
have you considered changing your screen resolution? It makes all the boxes teeny.
I have-- trouble is that I have a dual monitor setup and while 2560x1024 is cool it's also annoying to have a center screen gap (between monitors). The next option, 1280x1024 is good, but moves the game screen to my secondary monitor. I guess it's time I started Googling for a fix.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
garrison
Manshoon

Ugh-- that was an embarrassing brain-o. Choosing which screen gets used isn't an NWN option, it's in my Linux config (xorg.conf) and I vaguely recall intentionally setting it up that way for some reason.

I think I'll enjoy the larger resolution (despite how tiny my inventory now seems) but I still have to learn to notice when someone addresses me.