Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Insurance companies are just out to screw you over - bank the cheque. 10 37.04%
Justify to yourself that some higher power has provided justice, and that the amount you have paid in unprovided service to one insurer has been made good by an approximately equal amount paid for unexisting goods. 10 37.04%
You know it would be wrong to keep the money based on their mistake - you are innately honest, so you ring and tell them to send a smaller cheque 2 7.41%
Option 3 + now as the model honest insurance client you harangue the medical insurance company (through the media if necessary) until they provide restitution on the services they accepted double payment for. 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2003, 06:50 PM   #21
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
When I posted the poll I was already committed to option 4 [img]smile.gif[/img] . As soon as my neighbour spotted the error I went straight back inside and rang the insurance company to send me a smaller cheque . So from an early stage my course was charted with that one.

I then had trouble sleeping because I kept on thinking to myself "Why should the good guy always come last?" I am being honest and upfront with one company - why don't I see if the other company will be honest and upfront with me. I went in this afternoon and fronted the service person and asked to see the senior representative of the branch. I laid out my problems with insurance companies to her and she was very receptive. She sat down with me and bought up what insurance premiums had been payed on the computer and totalled up a refund amount. Unfortunately I couldn't get all 10 years back because up until 1997 the cover was with St Johns Ambulance as a seperate entity, and they were partnershipped into the business in 1997. So it was only for the years after that that I had been paying them for redundant insurance. Money ($170) was paid on the spot in cash.

Back at the other place I handed in my $900 cheque and they have promised that I will receive the $600 cheque within 3 days.

The other piece of good news (in the future hopefully) is that both insurance companies took note of my honesty over the "overpayment" and both entered what they say are substantial commendations into my customer profile which they tell me will act in my favour in the event of anydisputed claims in the future.

Some might see me as 300 bucks down for handing back the cheque, but I see myself as $170 richer, with aclean concsience, and with the great feeling that "The good guy doesn't always have to come last" [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

And what world did this happen in?

Amazing!