Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 05:59 AM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

It's supposed to be out around now. Just curious if anyone has gotten a copy (esp in the Asia Pacific region), and your views on the game, especially contrasted with the demo.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

April the 18th in Europe
Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer..
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I already got it. but I haven't installed it yet.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I read in an Australian gaming magazine that it is TBA.

Kakero, what language is your sig in? What does it say?
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 03:06 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i also got it but im not yet installing it..

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:23 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
I read in an Australian gaming magazine that it is TBA.

Kakero, what language is your sig in? What does it say?
it's malay. used in malaysia,singapore,brunei and indonesia.

and it says " Every generation got their own taste, their own style and music, think openly and don't only think of negative things, now look at me ( sakura, the girl in my sig incase you don't know )and leave me with my swinging "
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:13 PM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I got the game and my view so far:

[Graphics]
Not bad. But since you are viewing your ships and your sorrounding through a 3rd person perspective, the game some how feels like Rogue squadron type of arcade.

[Sound FX, Music]
Good but some of the dialogs gets repetitve because every NPC seems to say the same thing, except for the plotted scenes.

[Gameplay]
A bit easy. But activate the mouse fly mode and plnety of afterburner and most ships do not pose any significant treat. The controls may take a bit of time to get used to but after that it is like a walk in the park.

[Storyline]
Not very original but at least it blends well into the game. Anyway, one thing that I don't like about the main plot is that it is somewhat "forced" you to play along. For example, after finishing a bounty hunter mission, one of the key character contacted me and ask me to meet her at planet X. My map will autmatically set to take me to planet X and I can't seems to erase the preset flight plan. I would prefer the plot missions which is implemented in Privateer where as I could do it whenever I feel like it.

BTW, fighters seems to fly at the same speed regardless of their class. It is therefore advisable to buy yourself the heaviest fighters you could get your hands on because these babies offers better firepower.

That's all for now....
Old 03-17-2003, 05:09 PM   #8
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Just bought it yesterday and played some last night. I haven't gotten as far as Paladin2000, but his remarks track with all I have seen. The controls do take a bit of getting used to and within the first few minutes of the game you talk to two NPCs who say virtually the same thing in the same room. Otherwise, ok so far. A nice change of pace from Neverwinter Nights and DAoC.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:16 PM   #9
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Okay, I have finished the single player plot missions. Some of these missions are damn tough, be expect to hit afterburner often and run away from the enemies as much as you can.

Anyway, if any of you were wondering... the heavy fighter you acquired by the end of the main storyline is not the best fighters. You need to gain higher levels (level 32+). Some of these VHF (Very Heavy Fighters) are somewhat hidden in various secret locations and bases. To sum it up, some of the "bad guys" have the most sophisticated fighters in the galaxy.

While all fighters do fly at the same speed, each of them have its own manoeuverbility(?) rating. Generally, heavier ships are less agile than the light fighters class but these big boys makes up by the sheer firepower and heavier shields and armors.

Anyway, here is a site you could visit for more gameplay information, tips and as well as spoilers.

Warning! Please do not obtain too much information from the site above. Only use it as a reference if you got stuck or just wonder about some rumors that you have came accross. The site (forum) contains a lot of spoilers regarding uber weapons which would spoils your game. It is better for you to explore and discover these sites for yourself. You have been warned.

[ 03-18-2003, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 03-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #10
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Cool site. Thanks for the info and not to worry, I want to try and finish this game without cheats of any kind. I just started the first freelancer missions and you are absolutely correct about the turning tail and burning at times. You need plenty of Batteries and Nanobots. I did find the debris fields to be the biggest pain though.
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote