Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2001, 12:02 AM   #1
Lily the Ranger

Actually, the trained virtual Kung Fu master does not feel the weight of the shield . . . for he or she knows that all things in our life are but an illusion . . . only the spirit is for real.

Well, sound nice anyway!

Rat skulls . . . calcium and five or six other unidentified minerals. Alright, since I kind of have today off and AM really sick . . . will try to pry Dingal loose from his table at the inn (assuming he doesn't fix me with the hairy eyeball) and see what he can do (if retirement has not ruined him entirely).
Old 01-23-2001, 10:35 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi!

Ok, I'm trying to respond to all the new posts about kicking in one letter, so here goes!

I think you guys and gals are very close to nailing this thing! Funny though, I spend my adventures down in the under water city, and I cant remember if my Ninja lady was kicking while holding the breather shell thingy.

One thing though, she has always carried her bow in her second hand since she has high level archer and ranger skills. Sometimes I put a dagger in her second hand, but you know, it sounds like the 2nd item cannot be a weapon of any kind or it jinxes this kicking business!

So, unfortunately I'm about to leave for work (its 7 am, woo hoo, up with the undead!) so I can't test this right now (less I call in sick but I'm an adult and would NEVER think of such a thing, not me! ha ha!).

When I have some time I will give this stuff a try and see what happens! If I can get it to work, I think anyone can since I think I've had more trouble than anyone else trying to get this kicking stuff to work!

Hmm, are we about to discover the odd logic of DWB? Hey Wyv, Ziroc, if you guys could arrage some kind of online chat with the Bradley Ukabu, then maybe he could shed some light on their strange logic.

Yes, my Ninja is much more agile when carrying his shield. Of course its realistic! Why, when Scronan studied Kung Fu and Karate, his sensei always made him carry a 40 pound Dragon Shield in his right hand. And lo and behold, he started doing his kicks correctly. Hmm, and yes, us martial artists like to only punch once and then wait and see what happens!

Well, that part is realistic...a high level master would hit you ONCE...and then the show would be over.

Ok, I'm off to my day job, but I think we are SO CLOSE! YES YES!

(uh oh, now I sound like Scabban. Lily, where is my Scabban Chex mix)

Crunch, munch...mmm...rat skulls...I knew they were good for something!

Adieu!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 10:58 AM   #3
Serath
Manshoon

Video game physics strike again!

Ninja + 40 lb shield = improved agility

Makes sense to me now.

Serath
"Sqeakey wheel gets the kick!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:31 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, gol-dang! Who would have thought? No wonder my characters started kicking after Brimloch Roon. They were wearing breathers! Now I know to get a cheapo buckler shield and throw it on them. Thanks for the info!

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 11:40 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Must have something to do with BALANCE - You can kick further/harder if you have that heavy shield to counter act the center of gravity shift. Oh yeah, perfectly "logical".

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 03:29 PM   #6
Lily the Ranger

Initial research complete: am posting my results in skywalker's thread "hoo de hoo kung fu" thread so you can compare his stats to mine and conclude as you will!
Old 01-23-2001, 03:37 PM   #7
carg
The Magister

I added this on purpose to get that shield skill used. I figured that as soon as people were able to equip two weapons, people would throw their shields away. It's no coincidence that the best shield in the game is found in the very first dungeon!

Ukabu Bradley
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 04:18 PM   #8
Lily the Ranger

Er, that dragon shield I sold? . . . but the logic, Ukabu Bradley (or should I say Wyv? LOL), what is the scientific explanation behind this method . . . you have taught your pupils to think, to question . . .
Old 02-20-2001, 06:09 PM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Here's another thread I found on the subject of kicking!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:14 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Mark! I was looking for this one too but couldn't remember the name!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote