Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2000, 08:49 AM   #1
Overton

At what level does your Artifact skill need to be at to ID everything?

I have a warlock with a level 6 artifact skill. I can ID most stuff, but it seems that I can't do books, magic armor, and some magic weapons. Does anyone know at what level it needs to be at to id everything?

This brings me to another point...How good is the stuff the Genie gives you? (Spoil me) I saved it before i wished, and tried wishing for everything to see what it did. I could not ID the armor, sword, and amulet. Also, i am not sure if i want to spend a couple thousand to do so, unless it is worth it.

Thanks again.
Old 12-14-2000, 09:04 AM   #2
Drukus

The Sword is pretty good, although i found better later in the game..... but is very good if you bless it with extra damage...
The Armor is pretty crappy.... just various protections....
the Ward it very cool, best amulate in the game that i have found.... gives alot of protections.... i sugest it for a weaker character.... wizard or something.
Or you could cheat, and use the lamp, them when the genie appears, drop the lamp on the ground after the wish is granted pick it up again.... but up to you if you want to cheat... cheat free is more satifying!
Old 12-14-2000, 09:12 AM   #3
gaunty
The Magister

you have to complete 2 or 3 church quests to get the artifacts skill, then pump that skill
up to about 3 or 4 to be able to ID most any thing.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 09:15 AM   #4
Overton

Thanks, Druckus

BTW, you don't happen to know what level the Artifact skill needs to be, do you?

Also, not that i would (ahem) cheat, but if i were so inclined, maybe at a later time or when i replay can this lamp cheat give every character you have every wish, maybe?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2000, 09:27 AM   #5
Drukus

Well, how it work is kinda complicated... there are some wishes that edit your character, and once you edit your character, this character can not use the lamp again..... however, if you have 6 characters, edit 5 of them, and keep one of them "Pure" so that you can reuse the lamp over and over and over and... you get the point. JUST DONT EDIT EVERYONE! or you cant use the lamp! this way you can use many upgrades for one character, by getting the un edited one to wish, and switching to the desired character... just remamber to drop the lamp!
About the Artifact skill... do what Gaunty said..... even though i have all my character with level 12 artifact skills, there will still be some items that you cant id.... but these are usualy unique weapons!
I would say a level 10 Artifact skill would be enough to identify evrything else.