Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2002, 11:21 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

There are currently two mods available for IWD
http://chosenofmystra.db-forge.com/mystra_forum/

1. Project Auril Download is for IWD with HoW.
http://3ddownloads.com/?file_id=161010

2. Winters Bane Download has a version available with TotLM.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~nfbunch/wb/main.html

There is a third one in the works called Return to the north.

[ 04-04-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 11:34 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

In addition to these two mods, there is a potentially useful tweak available for those who favor the use of missile weapons. The tweak replaces the scroll case in Pomab's store inventory with an ammo belt that should store a large number of arrows, bolts and/or sling bullets.

It is available as a small .zip file and the installation seems to be rather straightforward -- just unzip the archive into the IWD override folder. It can be downloaded here Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page to find it.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Working my way through Project Auril right now. It provides some really decent armor right from the start. Elvish armor can be bought in Kundahar. I ditched one suit so my fighter mage could use a cloak that I found.

Armor class 1
Int +2
Con +2
Dex +2

Several NPC's are added and I have gotten an extra quest after going through the glacier. The downside to this mod is no TotLM so I am thinking the other mod with no extra quest will probaly be better. Will try it after this one.

[ 12-19-2002, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:24 PM   #4
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

is there a mod so you can play as elminster out there that you know of?
Old 12-18-2002, 09:48 PM   #5
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

I have not seen any mods, either completed or proposed that would allow someone to play as Elminster.

If you'd really like to do so, however, you might be able to do a decent job of simulating Elminster's stats for one of your characters by using an editor such as Dalekeeper.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:22 AM   #6
Good Charlotte Fan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm new to all this, and I was wondering? What's a mod? If you don't mind my asking...
Good Charlotte Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:32 AM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

We don't mind at all, Good Charlotte Fan Ask away!

A mod is a user created [and therefore unofficial] change or expansion to the original game. Some mods, for example, add new items or spells. Others might adjust features in the game such as the experience point cap that determines the maximum level of your characters. Others add new quests or rework the game by changing the storyline somewhat.

At their best, they provide a bit more flexibility to the gaming experience, especially for those who have played through the original game a couple times. But like any unofficial add-on, the quality can vary a bit so it's a good idea to check out what other gamers who've tried them have to say before installing them yourself.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:09 PM   #8
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

a couple more questions, where can i download dalekeeper, how do i use it, and is there a thing like dalekeeper for IWD2?
Old 12-20-2002, 04:10 PM   #9
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

and another question, what does elminsters staff do?
Old 12-20-2002, 04:11 PM   #10
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

oh heck, i might as well ask, what is all of eminsters equipment that you guys know of so then i can make them when i learn how to?