Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
Silveraxe
Welcomed New User

Ok...call me little red riding hood...I'm stuck in the woods. It doesn't seem to matter where I go or how many times I enter and leave...I can't find my way through the woods. It was cute the first 15-25 minutes...NOT CUTE NOW!

So my guess is that there is a pattern...like straight 3 times, down 1 time...etc.

So any help would be nice. The Dryad says to find a frozen pond...so where is it?
Silveraxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 12:52 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Try this link from this walkthrough.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:15 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Also if you have a character with wilderness lore you can use that skill here and it will help
Old 05-18-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Finally, remember that some parts of the woods are only accessible AFTER you complete certain quests.

SPOILERISH:
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
The dryad gave you a clue about the missing children, something to do with Limha, the woman who lives in that circus tent thing. You need to complete that quest first before you can take the path further into the woods. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And yes, Wilderness lore does help so you won't have to use a walkthrough if you have a character a decent Wilderness Lore skill.

[ 05-18-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 05-18-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

One other thing to keep in mind is that the path through the woods is actually a straight line of sorts. After you do the kiddie quest, you would return to the dryad's locaton and go on from there, because that's where the next section opens. That takes you, if I remember rightly, to the thief. When you complete that quest, you return to his location and go on from there. And so on.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Save your game at the Dryads home, it'll save you alot of time and trouble
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

Also, after you solve each of Mother Suoma's little quests, return to her and report your success. Until you do, you will never be able to make any progress on the next little quest and it will seem like you're lost.

Also, as ZFR said, Wilderness Lore is a real life saver in the Fell Wood. Sure, some people have successfully gotten thru by mapping the area. But WL will really help you get thru about as easy as can be done without using a walk thru.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote