Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
gLadiatorWCR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey if youre solo sorcing, i've been thinking about the stats.
OK, i'd assume 18 to intelligence and wisdom, but im not actually entirely sure what these 2 do..I know i want 18 wisdom for wish though.
I want a decently high constitution.. always need HP...
I want probably at least 10 strength.. got to carry stuff..
and i have no clue about dex, just get the minimum?
Anyway first off does this sound good, second off can i do better tahn this, and third off, what's the point of high intel/wisdom? Thx
gLadiatorWCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:59 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I would max intelligence and dexterity if possible. Dexterity is very nice for giving you AC bonuses with your robes. Don't raise your wisdom just for Wish - you can always chug a potion before you cast it.

The sorcerer is strange because (despite what the manual says) it has no important stat.

You will want a fairly nice intelligence to be able to cast from scrolls, and a higher wisdom and intelligence will give you bonus lore points but neither affects your spellcasting.

If you had a mage on the other hand, intelligence needs to be maxed because it has a direct effect on

1) the number of spells you can memorize per level
2) the spell levels you have access to

Wisdom has a similar effect for priests/clerics I believe.

Maybe 12 strength if you can manage it.

[ 11-28-2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

OK then...

STR - As high as you can with what points you have over
DEX - Go for 18, it lowers your AC though you should try and avoid ever needing to make these saves
CON - 16 is fine, +2 HP
INT - 18
WIS - You want 18... fine [img]smile.gif[/img]
CHA- Who cares. You are soloing for a reason

I'd rate STR over CHA for this character. Good luck.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Int - 12 would be more than sufficient. That is, unless you want to be realistic. Con no more than 16 will do you any good. Cha put down to minimum (again, unless you want to be realistic). Str you might not need to worry about at all after a while (although you may want something else instead of what will help you with this), but either way you'll want to be able to carry more than a few potions out of Chateau Irenicus. As high as it can go, then, is probably not quite enough [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dex 18, 19 if you're an Elf (which would be a good choice, consider they only loose out on Con, which you don't need). Wis as high as it can go, max it out before Strength. Potions do exist, but you don't want to be spending two rounds just casting Wish (one to drink the potion and wait until you can cast again, the other to cast Wish), so you'll want to avoid needing those potions. Also, they aren't in infinite supply (quite).
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote