Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 10:49 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

What the hell?

I am sitting here with my cig in the ashtray, and the damn thing started to smell like canned PEAS! Yeah... I know.

Gets BETTER!!!

The one before that smelled like Popcorn butter. I think they hit a REALLY funky crop or something.. or I'm losing it.

For what it's worth, I have really cut down, I'm on the Nicorette gum stuff, and Its helping me cut down, and I hope to soon be rid of the funky smelling killing sticks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kids--if you have thought of smoking, DON'T DO IT. It's nasty, it's addictive, and it kills.

But come on... PEAS and POPCORN? what the &$&@? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

You sure thats Tobacco in that one ? ??? [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2002, 10:53 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Best wishes to you, Ziroc, on either cutting down or quitting (whichever your goal may be.) [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I could get my wife Lela to do it, but it's her ultimate decision.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-12-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Just to be smug, superior and generally annoying, let me remind you that I quit smoking on June 18th 2001. That means I have been "clean" for nearly a year [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Best of luck to anyone who is thinking of quitting [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #5
MagiK

WAY TO GO MOUSE!!!

Ziroc good luck!!! my ex, could quit for 9 months at a time but always went back (9 months is how long she was pregnant if you hadnt guessed) It aint easy quitting a substance that is specificly designed to get you hooked

Old 06-12-2002, 11:55 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Dan, you sure there wasn't someone cooking peas and popcorn nearby? [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Best of luck in your trying to cut down and quit! I know my Dad's been free of smoking for more than 10 yrs now and he's never regretted it!

Mouse! Congrats oh Super Rodent of the Net! That is quite impressive! [img]smile.gif[/img] Happy almost ONE YEAR FREE! [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]

[ 06-12-2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 06-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #7
Epona
Zartan

OMG, if my cigarettes smelled of popcorn I would smoke *more*! I think the bloody things smell foul, but that still doesn't put me off smoking. When I walk up 3 flights of stairs and I'm panting and coughing at the top that still doesn't put me off either. I am trying to cut back - recently I hit 2 packs a day [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] although I have succeeded in getting back down to 1 a day. Still a way to go before I feel like quitting.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:34 PM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Maybe someone dropped their lunch in the packing machine.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:47 PM   #9
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Ziroc......um I think that the cigars are peas and popcorn.Are they green and yellow?Hmmmm?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-12-2002, 01:18 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Just to be smug, superior and generally annoying, let me remind you that I quit smoking on June 18th 2001. That means I have been "clean" for nearly a year [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Best of luck to anyone who is thinking of quitting [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Congratulations, Mouse! And that's neither smug nor superior; that's showing that it can be done! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."