Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2002, 08:41 AM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

OK if you could chose any person or group of people to role play who would it/they be?

for me I would love to join the gaming group of R.A Salvatore, if the games he runs are as good as the books he writes then, then err well I just cant expain how good it would be indescribable
Old 05-13-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmmm...good question...Salvatore would be good...but I would go for Weis and Hickman (dragonlance) since they actually rollplayed those characters before writing the Dragonlance series. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good Topic, though

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 05-13-2002, 11:53 AM   #3
MagiK

Im gonna go with Heather Locklear

Old 05-13-2002, 11:56 AM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

I'm definitely with Black Knight on this one, it would be wonderful to play with Weis and Hickman - the characters they created were so alive, so realistic - you could relate to them so well. Everyone had a favourite character - one they sympathized with and identified with - and this brought their novels to life. I'm sure roleplaying with Tanis, Flint, Tasslehoff etc. would be just as entertaining as reading the wonderful novels these amazing ladies produced [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I'm definitely with Black Knight on this one, it would be wonderful to play with Weis and Hickman - the characters they created were so alive, so realistic - you could relate to them so well. Everyone had a favourite character - one they sympathized with and identified with - and this brought their novels to life. I'm sure roleplaying with Tanis, Flint, Tasslehoff etc. would be just as entertaining as reading the wonderful novels these amazing ladies produced [img]smile.gif[/img]
uhhhh Isn't Tracy Hickman (sorry for spelling) male?

Old 05-13-2002, 12:06 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Im gonna go with Heather Locklear
good choice dude !
Old 05-13-2002, 12:36 PM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I'd probably gather up a few people from IW who are interested in RP'ing.... Kaz and Seph definitely. Can't see the interest in playing with those famous people.... Sure, they've got the imagination to write books, but that doesn't necessarily make them good RP'ers.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:38 PM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
quote:
uhhhh Isn't Tracy Hickman (sorry for spelling) male?[/QUOTE]Oh gosh yes, of course he is... LOL! This isn't the first time I've made this mistake, either

Must be the first name [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 12:48 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
quote:
uhhhh Isn't Tracy Hickman (sorry for spelling) male?[/QUOTE]Oh gosh yes, of course he is... LOL! This isn't the first time I've made this mistake, either

Must be the first name [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I used to think they were both female untill I saw their pic on the dust jacket [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2002, 01:01 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No doubt about it - My old group from college.

They were all good roleplayers and some were simply fantastic DM's. One DM had the most creative imagination I've ever seen.

Personally, I'm a much better player than DM.

Our group has started getting together in Charlotte, NC on Labor Day Weekends again, but I have family responsibilities now, so I'm not able to make it out there.

In lieu of that, I've joined the RolePlaying Forum here and enjoy that very much.