Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think there should be at least one Might and Magic Forum?.
Yes !. 7 38.89%
No !. 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2003, 11:15 AM   #1
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I'm just trying to see if others feel that there should be a forum or forums for the Might and Magic series.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:15 PM   #2
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would love to see that!!I'm in the middle of M&M7 now and ordered 8 from Amazon last wk..Great series!!
Old 01-31-2003, 10:16 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

should be cool, but then again might and magic series is already dying.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Wich is sad because it is an awesome series. Maybe JVC should look for 'other opportunities'.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:13 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
I donīt agree with you there Kakero. [img]smile.gif[/img] M&M 6 and 7 still have a lot of players. MM8 isnīt that popular and many players consider MM9 a fiasco. I would enjoy a MM forum here on Ironworks. 3DO used to have a very nice MM7 board on which I used to be a reg. When they transfered that board into their community a lot of us regulars disappeared from 3DO. A board here could draw some crowds.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:07 PM   #6
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
I donīt agree with you there Kakero. [img]smile.gif[/img] M&M 6 and 7 still have a lot of players. MM8 isnīt that popular and many players consider MM9 a fiasco. I would enjoy a MM forum here on Ironworks. 3DO used to have a very nice MM7 board on which I used to be a reg. When they transfered that board into their community a lot of us regulars disappeared from 3DO. A board here could draw some crowds.[/QUOTE]I think what Kakero means is the recent (well not that recent anymore) lay-offs in New world computing and thus there is a staffing problem for the making of games. Couple that with the fact that both 3DO and NWC haven't said anything about another MM game and even eluded to that it will take a long time before they are going to release another MM game, if ever.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX :
donīt agree with you there Kakero. M&M 6 and 7 still have a lot of players. MM8 isnīt that popular and many players consider MM9 a fiasco. I would enjoy a MM forum here on Ironworks. 3DO used to have a very nice MM7 board on which I used to be a reg. When they transfered that board into their community a lot of us regulars disappeared from 3DO. A board here could draw some crowds.
I'm one of the oldie in the old board, when they transferred it into community board I was there too ( I got lv100 there ). so I know what is going on with 3do. mm6 and mm7 were great game but not as good as mm3, mm4 or even mm5. MM8 started the deterioration and mm9 has nailed mm series into the coffin.

If not, then why did they lay off staff and concerntrate into console?

[ 02-01-2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 02-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
I'm one of the oldie in the old board, when they transferred it into community board I was there too ( I got lv100 there ). so I know what is going on with 3do. mm6 and mm7 were great game but not as good as mm3, mm4 or even mm5. MM8 started the deterioration and mm9 has nailed mm series into the coffin.

If not, then why did they lay off staff and concerntrate into console?
Well Kakero if you read my post you will find that you actually post the same points I did. MM6 and 7 are still very popular and are still sold in the stores. So why wouldnīt a MM board draw a crowd? I disagree with you about MM3 and 4 are better than 6 and 7 though. THereīs no real challenge in those games and unfortunately they are almost impossible to play on a modren computer. MM5 is good though, but IMO MM6 is better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

bah! have you fought with the megadragon in emm...I think mm4? that is a real challenge man. if not that, trying to survive your first town in mm1 is hard enough. oh the agony! [img]smile.gif[/img]

so do you think there'll be mm10 ?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #10
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
I disagree with you about MM3 and 4 are better than 6 and 7 though. THereīs no real challenge in those games and unfortunately they are almost impossible to play on a modren computer. MM5 is good though, but IMO MM6 is better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I still have the old MM games on my computer--they run just fine in Win '98. And if you've never played World of Xeen (MM4 & 5 together), don't go around saying it's no challenge. It still looks good despite the primitive graphics & bet it must've looked awesome back in '93.

3DO's got a bigger problem. I haven't even SEEN MM9 or Heroes4 in stores anywhere.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote