Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
pugnex
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I bought this game the first day it came out and played, until I encountered bugs. I then waited till Heuristic released their beta patch since activision didn't want anything else to do with the game, and was disappointed to see that many problems still remained in the game. I have waited and waited for word from DW or anyone that made this game about another patch to fix the bugs, but I guess it will never happen. My question is, is this game playable till the end as it is right now with the beta patch? I felt that this game had huge potential but just had too many bugs get in the way.
pugnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
MagiK

It would help a lot to know all the basic info, such as....What problem are you talking about? You should also list your system specs like this.

Pentium III 1Ghz
Abit SA6R MOBO
256 Meg PC-133 RAM
120Gig HD space
Win98 SE
Herculese GeForce3 video
Playing Game at Max Res and detail useing D3D 1024x768

When you give that kind of info, you are more likely to get
helpful responses. Personally aside from some rather minor lockups
which happen very infrequently for me I have not had any problems.

Oops forgot to mention that I didnt have any problems before the patch either.
------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old 09-01-2001, 03:19 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, pugnex!!!

We really do, as MagiK said, need to know what your hardware and OS are before we can help you with bugs you are encountering. Many problems have been solved - check Saz's techie help desk thread.
Be specific about what bugs you are encountering. Different problems have different solutions/work-arounds.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 03:29 PM   #4
pugnex
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not talking about hardware bugs, just dumb bugs in general like the toads in the village blocking your way, not being able to add points to skills when you accquire too many. I am running a tbird 1ghz with a v3 3000 under win2k, yes I have fixed it using virtual dub. I also have an sblive xgamer. What I was asking basically was if there were any quest bugs or such still left in the game that would keep me from finishing it.
pugnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 04:15 PM   #5
MagiK

So far I haven't found any show stoppers. The ones you mention aren't all
that hard to get around. My characters just worked at shoving the blocker around but I've heard if you kill him in one stroke you don't get the toads too
excited.

------------------
Old 09-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #6
Moni

The game is finishable
Old 09-01-2001, 11:58 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Yes, the game is finishable, as Moni says
I would add that many of those bugs are random - f.e. I've never had a problem of a toad staying in my way (I've been so lucky in all my three playthroughs)... Well, the only toad blocking my way was Ekbu The Toad Guard, when I was stubbornly telling him "Ekbu" instead of "Ukabu"
So, this game is quite playable, and there is always a way around the majority of bugs.
Good luck!
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 12:19 PM   #8
MagiK

Got to admit the only "bugs" game play wise I've run into that weren't easily solved were the ones where I end up slapping my forehead and saying "DoH!"

Like the one Tanda was talking about

Hihi Tananda looking forward to that next Myth Book

------------------