Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 04:35 PM   #1
Boutte
The Magister

spoilers
~
~
~
~
I'm playing an undead hunter. My party has followed Irenicus into the Nine Hells and things are going pretty well until we go in to fight the dragon. After I talk to the demon I'm informed that I have lost my Paladin classification. Whats up with this? I didn't notice this until I got into ToB and noticed that I couldn't turn undead anymore, so I backtracked to some save games thinking that because I had became the Slayer and and my reputation had fallen from heroic to popular I lost it. This is not the case.

How do I get it back? If I can't this completely F's me up. I become nothing but second rate fighter who can only allot 2 slots in my weapons profenciecies, I can't turn undead, throw spells and I'm not immune to level drain. This is a HUGE disadvantage and the only class that I know of that faces this kind of penalty. I've played my way most of the way the first two areas of ToB ,raised my reputation back up to 20 and leveled up and still I'm a fallen paladin.

As you can probably tell I'm severly pissed.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

If you chose to take an evil road on one of the Nine Hell's tests (yes, such as fighting the dragon), then you lose your paladin status and become a fallen paladin. As far as getting it back goes, I'm not too sure how.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Hopefully, you did the sensible thing and made a save game before the hell-based challenges.

Reload, and do the challenges the GOOD way.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Yeah, you must have taken the wrong path in the Nine Hells, and have become a Fallen Paladin. Then you loses all your paladin-abilities, even the ability to wield Carsomyr, and you become a regular warrior. There is no way to get your Paladinhood back.

What you probably did wrong, was that you killed the dragon in the Nine Hells. This can often seem as the only choice, but if you try again, my tip is to ask him (the dragon) all the questions you can.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:46 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Its been a while , but Im moderately sure you have to ask the Demon lots of questions, not the dragon.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:43 AM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Its been a while , but Im moderately sure you have to ask the Demon lots of questions, not the dragon.
very true

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote