Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I've been quite homesick the last few weeks. As the weather has been heating up, I've been missing the beaches and lifestyle of Sydney. Been missing family and feeling quite down about it.

Just now, I was listening to the All-American rejects. It actually turned my whole mood about living in America around. I was kind of glad I'm here. And I am. I remembered I DO enjoy living here for numerous reasons that can get supressed by a really crowded New York beach with totalitarian lifeguards on a power trip bechilding swimmers in a way that mind boggles a person from a beach fanatical nation that teaches all it's citizens to swim while at school.

My favorite time of the year is the northern hemisphere Autumn. Not far away. The drama, the colours, the sense of transition. Beautiful.

I also enjoy - in New York especially - the music, the culture, the shows, the closeness of everything, the miles and miles of city, the rivers, the social gravitation force.

Oh man... I'm watching Radioheads "There There". What a funnily bizzare and avante-garde band. Thoms performances are so... wierd. Very cool. I find "wierd" good. Interesting. Cool build as well. I'm glad they've moved back into writing songs.

Anyway they're some of my thoughts for the moment. Thanks for reading this far.

Adieu

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Awwww, I'm sorry you are feeling a bit homesick Yorick. I hope you can go visit your family sometime soon, maybe that will help. It IS very hot right now, but give it a couple of months and yes, it will be Autumn with all the colorful leaves around, nice crisp clean air [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and Radiohead is an odd band of late, I Love their CD The Bends, its great. I like to write with it playing in the background because somehow, someway, it inspires me, most of my favorite poems I've written were written with that CD playing in the background. Don't know if you write or not, but if you do, and find yourself feeling stumped, try playing it! Seriously! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care Yorick *Hugs* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-29-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hey buddy!! howz it going.. pretty well i hope.. tell us some stories there will ya . got any new songs there?

Catch me if you can..
Old 07-29-2003, 05:50 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hang in there buddy... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I totally agree with you on the music mood-altering thing. I'm not sure what the biomechanics of it are, but there are some tunes that can really alter the way you view the world, albeit temporarily. And funny you should mention Radiohead, for $10 my flatmate sold me her copies of 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac'! Bargain! They're excellent musicians it must be said.

And next time you get homesick for Australia, just remember the spiders, the sweltering humidity, the drunks, and the conservatives *shudder*
Old 07-29-2003, 06:58 AM   #5
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Yorick, hows it goin? I have not talked to you in a while.
Sorry your feeling down. Radiohead is one of my favorite bands. My favorite is probly "OK Computer". And about the fall, It is, hands down, the best time of year, IMHO. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Anyway,keep your chin up. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-29-2003, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 07-29-2003, 08:23 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

So glad you found music to help with your mood and hoping you can visit your family in Australia soon, to help with the homesick feelings!

I've always thought of music as a 'mood' enhancer! I 'chill' to Lorena McKennit or Enya and 'wake up and energize' to some of yours! [img]smile.gif[/img] It's wonderful to find things that inspire you, like LadyZ's music to be poetic to. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2003, 08:32 AM   #7
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
And next time you get homesick for Australia, just remember the spiders, the sweltering humidity, the drunks, and the conservatives *shudder*
Hey, hot weather, getting drunk and spiders are 3 of my favorite things!! Maybe I should move?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:38 AM   #8
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
Hey, hot weather, getting drunk and spiders are 3 of my favorite things!! Maybe I should move? [/QUOTE]heh heh, you'd be in paradise mate
Old 07-30-2003, 02:29 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Awwww, I'm sorry you are feeling a bit homesick Yorick. I hope you can go visit your family sometime soon, maybe that will help. It IS very hot right now, but give it a couple of months and yes, it will be Autumn with all the colorful leaves around, nice crisp clean air [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and Radiohead is an odd band of late, I Love their CD The Bends, its great. I like to write with it playing in the background because somehow, someway, it inspires me, most of my favorite poems I've written were written with that CD playing in the background. Don't know if you write or not, but if you do, and find yourself feeling stumped, try playing it! Seriously! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care Yorick *Hugs* [img]smile.gif[/img]
I can imagine they would be very inspiring to write poetry to.

I do write a bit of peotry, but most of my lyricism goes into song. THanks for the well -wishes Wendy. Right back at you. Be blessed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2003, 02:31 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Hey Yorick, hows it goin? I have not talked to you in a while.
Sorry your feeling down. Radiohead is one of my favorite bands. My favorite is probly "OK Computer". And about the fall, It is, hands down, the best time of year, IMHO. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] Anyway,keep your chin up. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Cheers mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]