Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2002, 05:09 AM   #1
Alenkii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I bought this game on it's release day, and I'm finally getting around to playing it. So far I've spent about 10 hours wandering around the starter dungeon (btw I hate starter dungeons, there such a complete bore) and I'm getting extremly bored of the game, so far it seems like nothing more then hack 'n slash. I ended up killing Imoen, her whining about the dungeon every two to three mins got old real fast, and dumped her from my party.

Anyways, does this game offer any role playing or is it just another dialbo clone with a storyline?

[ 05-21-2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Alenkii ]
Alenkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:18 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] I will sit here stunned for a while then say YES! I personally didnt like Irenicus' dungeon either... and it DOES get MUCH better... so have fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:58 AM   #3
lroyo

Yes and yes!!! It get's a lot better and there is much roleplaying to be had. But I'm afraid some of the NPCs are forever annoying! Some are very funny though, so take your pick!

Aviendha

PS : Welcome to IW! Enjoy your stay!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:56 AM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

10 hours in Irenicus's dungeon!?!?!?!? No wonder you are bored, I'd say 30 mins at the most to do it. So that 10 hours combined with the fact that the dungeon is the most boring part in the game i can imagine how bored you are lol, but give it a chance it does get better.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:55 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

It picks up about 30 nanoseconds after getting out of that joint. If your stuck at a specific part we can help, but its mostly combat in there so it guess its just perserverance.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:19 AM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Believe me, once you get out of Irenicus' Dungeon, you're gonna start experience the best RPG ever! It's so much better then Diablo. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And I do pity you, wandering around in Irenicus' Dungeon in 10 hours. And feel free asking us for help getting out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And last and foremost:

WELCOME TO IW! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 01:21 PM   #7
cyber7
The Magister

I'v been a little bored to, in the begining, I tink the game should strt in the city, many friends of mine give up playing it because of that but it realy worth to keep playing till you get out, BGII is my favorit game.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #8
Lazarus
Manshoon

Yes Irenicus' dungeon is the crappiest level, but once you get out of that dungeon you'll begin to experience some of the great things that BG2 has to offer. And if you are having trouble with that stage, it wont hurt to read a walkthrough. And ask the people here in the forum if you would like some *expert* advice.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to Ironworks forum Alenkii [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-21-2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Lazarus ]
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #9
Alenkii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for all the 'welcome to the boards'. This has got to be one of the more friendlier boards I've been on.

Right now I have no idea why I'm having problems getting out of this dungeon. Myabe it's the way I'm role playing my character, I'm RPing like a hard headed moron that won't listen to anyone and refuses help from anyone to solve his problems. So far my biggest complaint about this game, and all DnD games, is your stuck to role playing your aliment to pick from the start. Is this game like PS:T were your aliment changes depending on what you do in the game?

[ 05-21-2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Alenkii ]
Alenkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 03:30 PM   #10
LadyLuthien
Dungeon Master

From what I know, your alignment won't change, but you will piss off your party members if you behave in certain ways. And you can't please them all. Different things that make some NPC's happy will piss off others.

If you killed Imoen, maybe you should try reloading and not killing her. She's rather vital to the plotline, and maybe this is what's causing your inability to get out of Irenicus's dungeon.

Good luck.