Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please help. My pixie familiar for my Sorc keeps rushing up to melee ememies and meeting her doom! Oh the humanity! Doesn't the description say that she's supposed to disappear during combat? I hate having to rest for my party to be able to disarm traps and pick locks again.

Also, my henchman right now is Linu and I tried setting a quickslot command for disarming traps. Sounds simple enough, right? But whenever I command the trap to be disarmed, Linu runs right into it! I know she's clumsy, but she's a cleric and has no right getting so close to a trap like that!

What kind of AI's did they create for these NPCs? Is there any way to fix this or improve the AIs?
Beef<br /><br />=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=<br />We are all born with both gifts & shortcomings.<br />The smart people are the ones that learn to use their gifts.<br />The happy people are the ones that learn to accept their shortcomings.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

To tell a henchman, familiar or summon to stay put, right-click on them and choose the Hold Ground command (or whatever it's called). This will keep them from rushing up against any enemies. Just don't forget to tell them to Follow or Attack Nearest again when you want them to do so.

To stop a henchman to interfere with the disarming of traps, talk to them. There should be a dialogue option that tells them to let you handle the trap yourself.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is that henchman option for locks but not for traps.

I suppose that micromanagement is the only solution here as I was hoping to be able to quickslot a disarm trap command and just use that (but that would command both the Pixie & Linu to disarm the trap).
Beef<br /><br />=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=<br />We are all born with both gifts & shortcomings.<br />The smart people are the ones that learn to use their gifts.<br />The happy people are the ones that learn to accept their shortcomings.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
magnetism
Manshoon

Try quick slotting posses familiar and diable it your self and then unposses. I did that alot with my wizard.