Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2002, 06:44 AM   #1
Ajax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok people, I got a real tough one for you.

I am currently trying to get the romance script working for Jaheira, and am at such a point that I accomplished the harper quest for the necromancer Xar a long time ago. Unfortunately after Xar was assassinated he did not reappear for some strange reason, as I thought should have happened, and did happen on many other occassions playing the game.

This leaves me with something of a dilemna. I think the romance script is stuck because Xar did not reappear, and because of this I can't continue doing the other harper quest where Jaheira runs off for a day and then returns.

Can somebody confirm for me that because of xar not appearing once again that the romance script is stuck.

Also, I checked to see what the romance of jaheira was set to, and it was still at 1 so I've done everything else right so far.

If the above is the problem, how do I fix it???

I really don't want to reload because it was ages ages back that I completed the harper quest of xar.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 07:31 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Xzar reappeared after having been assassinated in your past games? He never did that for me, and AFAIK he's not supposed to. So if you ask me, that's not the cause of J's romance being stuck. Don't know what is, though, I'm not an expert on the Jaheira-romance. I do know that it's very buggy. You say that you've progressed the romance to the point that she should be summoned to the Harper Base? You might try resting over and over again for a while in open nature (not in an inn or something). The jungle in which the Druid Grove is located or outside of the De'Arnise Keep are good places to do this, I gather.

[ 03-29-2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: J'aran ]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
Kaneida
The Magister

I'm currently romancing Jaheira and I once thought I was stuck too.

Found out that that SOME of her dialogs and events occurs outside AND, just like Jaran says, try resting outdoors. I was going thru the Asylum and she didn't say anything until I got outside again. Also, this might sound strange but I've noticed that being invisible and hidden in shadow can affect romance dialogs. If they can't detect and see you, then they can't talk to you. Try to remain seen and within range of your romancing partner so that they can talk to you.

If the above doesn't work, than maybe just maybe, you selected the wrong answers. Time to reload.

What I have been doing is to save immediately (in a heading like "SOA Jaheira still likes me") after a good dialog, but I also saved quite often in between.

Hope that helps.

PS - Xcar doesn't reappear once he's dead.

[ 03-29-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Kaneida ]
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote