Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2002, 04:41 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I am having a bit of troulbe with some of my games. For some reason, Biowares Infinaty Engine games wont work. Other games work fine, but when I put in one of the games (Baldurs gate, IWD ect.) the intalastion menu doesnt come up.

Wait I take that back, when I put in BG II the instaltion menu came up, and it was working fine , then it said enter disc two. And it was unreadable.

Now it could just be scratchted but its a pretty big conendicence that all of those games are scatched.

I have tried going to Q; and all taht and it says "The Device is not ready". And I have tried putting Q; in the Run option and it still say that.

It worked when I first got them, they jsut stopped working recently.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-04-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It may be helpful to list your PC specs so we'll know what you're working with.
Old 05-04-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ok here they are (dont laugh)

Pentium II Proccessor, 64.0 MB RAM,330 Mhz
Old 05-04-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

What exactly do you mean by "not working" From what you've described it sounds like an optical drive problem. If you have more than one cd drive (dvd or cdrw) try using the second drive. Sometimes a reboot can set problems like this right. If you put a none Bioware CD in your drive can you read the cd through Windows Explorer or My Computer?
Old 05-04-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Are you using old discs? The bioware CDs in general are prone to dying. Something to do with the ink. I think caine posted about it originaly, but hes been gone for a while.

Other than that try cleaning your cd-lens. A machine with those specs (Im not laughing. honest) has likly had a while to pick up dust and such. Dont try with a CD-R which is too fragile, but a regular CD-ROM can be cleaned with a stnadard lens cleaner. (mines is marked for a PSX, and it works fine)
Old 05-04-2002, 05:56 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

One problem I was having when I got my new GeForce III is that the newer video cards will not recognize old games like BGI, nor play them well. I had to install a driver patch or something from the video card's website.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:03 AM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

If you aren't getting the install menu doesn't come up, it's because the registry entries from a prev installation weren't removed. There are full instructions on this at their website. Basically, you need to remove some registry entries, and a hidden folder and it will come up fine.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 05-05-2002, 07:35 AM   #8
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
One problem I was having when I got my new GeForce III is that the newer video cards will not recognize old games like BGI, nor play them well. I had to install a driver patch or something from the video card's website.
Could be a lack of OpenGL driver support. NVidia isnt the best at providing drivers either. www.glsetup.org is the easiest fix.