Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2000, 02:57 PM   #1
Gotaxewilltravel

After pounding Belhifet a bit in the Ascension Cave (Dorn's Deep), my party is teleported to East Haven. However, I lose control of the game after the movie--the control panels on the main screen, like inventory and spell book, are dimmed out (I can't click on them), and though the characters are on the screen, I cannot move them (no green bases around their figures around the screen which would allow me to click on them). If this is a glitch, is there a way to fix it?
Old 10-02-2000, 03:20 PM   #2
Yrth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, this was happening to me too. I read here that this is an old bug. One of the suggestions that worked for me is: don't use any magic at all in the battle. Also, take off all equipment that basically act as if a spell is in effect on a character (you know, if you put on a girdle or whatever and your portrait character has the little spell icon in the picture). That worked just fine for me. Hope this helps. Remember, NO MAGIC AT ALL--no potions, no special equipment that simulates a spell (such as bless, haste, strength, etc.)
Yrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2000, 04:49 PM   #3
Gotaxewilltravel

Well, I am not delighted about such a solution, but if it works, I'll do it!
Thanks!!!
Old 10-03-2000, 12:32 AM   #4
Gotaxewilltravel

OOPS! I see that many of you have confronted this problem too--I will try emptying the override file (after copying it) before wacking Belhifet.
Old 10-03-2000, 08:27 PM   #5
Yrth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Override stuff didn't work for me. Let me know what works with you.
Yrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2000, 02:15 AM   #6
password

Well it happened to me, i was so pissed i just left and took a shower, and when i came back it was fine. Lol. I think you have to give it time.
Old 10-07-2000, 02:45 AM   #7
Wibblets

I have this same problem and tried the various things listed with no luck. I even tried dropping every piece of gear and used my Fists & Spells. I tried removing all the Auto-Pause. I even let it sit for over an hour. The last thing is the dialog box is "paused for movie" and then it will not un-pause. Please forward me any helpful hints. Thanks!!!
Old 10-07-2000, 06:33 AM   #8
gilles

The solution proposed by Yrth worked fine for me. No magic at all (no spells, and all magic items showing a sign on the character icon removed to inventory before the fight).
Old 10-08-2000, 03:59 AM   #9
Wibblets

I moved the contents of the Overide directory to a Temp file. Also, just before the fight (as soon as you enter the screen) hit Quick-Save (suggestion from Interplay). This combination worked for me the first try. I put the moved files back into the overide directory and it still worked.
Old 11-30-2000, 10:27 AM   #10
Montag

I had the same problem, but I still got through using magic. I turned off all the autopause features and it seemed to get through it okay.