Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 03:31 PM   #11
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh Ziroc! You bad boy! I love it!

Do what Ziroc said Larry! It'll take the little thieves days to figure out why their cars won't run. Although if the gas if for the lawnmower, then you've got a neighbor with an out of control yard...

I guess I'm more direct that most folks... I'd recommend that you talk to their Mother, like everyone else said. However, I have a sneaking suspicion (from my city living days in both Chicago and St. Louis) that you may get a whole lot of "sass" to quote Sazerac.

Now...assuming that you live in North Carolina, they probably don't want any trouble with the cops. Don't hesitate to call them if this sh*t doesn't stop.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-30-2001, 03:55 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Fill that gas can with water & sugar.. They will never use it again...

OOOH!!! OOOH!!! That is COLD-BLOODED!!! ROFLMAO!!
Ziroc, you are WICKED!

Make sure you leave a little gasoline in there for the smell, otherwise they'll be wise to it.

Good suggestion!

Old 05-30-2001, 04:47 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

thanks everyone for your wonderful ideas. I will let you know how it goes. Man, and the only thing I could come up with was a bear trap in the shed!

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Old 05-30-2001, 05:02 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Evil idea , tell us if you catch anything in the trap , I would still get a HUGE guard anaconda.
Old 05-30-2001, 05:08 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

HAHAHAHA...now there's a solution...hehehe

Cloudy
Ziroc's Personal Secretary
Choc's Number One Fan

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-30-2001, 05:26 PM   #16
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I LOVE Zirocs idea ! Try talking to momma If the momma gives you any shit, you could put a locking gas cap on her car and throw away the key Thats....FUN!!!! Calling the cops should be last resort in this case.
Conan, how is this guy still getting away with this? I grew up in Springfield, theres nowhere to shoot firearms there! The guys a menace! Call the cops again.Do any other neighbors know he is doing this? I mean theres people who could get shot, and even .22 bullets hurt! I know!
Old 05-30-2001, 05:57 PM   #17
Gaelic
Elminster

1. Talk to mom.

2. Fill gas can with water, sugar, and just enough gas to get the smell and color (have to be sneaky).

3. Lock doors with gas can outside.

4. Smile contentedly.

------------------
Gaelic
Old 05-30-2001, 06:39 PM   #18
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

Such a NASTY mind the man has! LOVE it, lol!

That is actually a good idea, too - so long as you don't forget and use it yourself, lol!
Before I tell you my tale of woe, I agree with most everyone else - speak to the mother. Could be she has no idea what her boys are doing. If she does, and she is unhelpful, you have a choice of either locking everything up or or mentioning to her your country's equivalent of Britain's Social Services on account of her boys being 'out of control'. I would suggest this before police.

D'ya wanna hear my story now? I used to live on the top floor in a low-rise block of flats with my husband and children. A new family moved into the ground floor, and I made them welcome, as you do, and asked if their children would like to play with mine, etc - all the normal stuff. All seemed well for a while, but then my children started to complain that her children were taking their toys and pushing my son around (he was the youngest of them). I had a quiet word with the mother, who said it was my children causing the problem, not hers.
Ok. It was probably both lots. Eventually, my children refused to play with hers...
That is when the real trouble started. I cannot imagine the reason, but the wife became increasingly hostile towards me and my children (but the family were great friends with my husband!). One day, one of her children pushed my son down some steps. and my younger daughter, who was there, flew into a rage and pulled the other child's hair - kid stuff, but nasty.
She came to my door threatening me with the police, and started accusing me of being a witch and a satanist (sheesh!!). Anyway, I kept my cool. I just said "I'm sorry. I don't have to listen to this. I'm closing the door now." She immediately jammed her foot against the door to stop me, all the while swearing abominably. I kept pushing. Not hard, but steadily. Eventually, I got the door shut, but the toe of her slipper was jammed under the door. She went into an even greater rage, turned half away from the door (glass) then swung back and slammed her fist through it, showering both myself and my (naturally avidly curious) children with glass. She then stormed off downstairs again, yelling and swearing at me all the way, while I stood in stunned amazement. Then I started to clean up the glass. About 30 minutes late two grim policemen were at my door charging me with assault.
Silly woman had cut herself very badly on the glass and had told the policemen that I had deliberately slammed the door on her arm, causing it to go through the glass... My jaw dropped. And I was scared!! How could I defend myself? What proof had I got that I had not done so?
I was panicking, I can tell you! Then I remembered how difficult it had been to close the door... In fact, her slipper was still stuck underneath, even though I had opened it for the policemen. Hugely relieved, I pointed to it, and told the police what had happened. Their attitude changed. Suddenly I was no longer a criminal. They went back to her and issued a warning about malicious defamation and calling out the police without good reason.
It turned out, in the long run, that this family had been kicked out of home after home due to their appalling behaviour. They had apparantly never lived anywhere longer than a couple of years - the neighbours always complaind too much and had 'em thrown out.

------------------

Old 05-30-2001, 06:42 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Fljotsdale: how lucky you were that the maniac was fool enough to leave evidence! I felt for you the entire way through your story. Whew!

I hope, however, that it didn't sour your kids from accepting other "new people." Such an experience like that is bound to leave a few scars.

Old 05-30-2001, 07:21 PM   #20
Gaelic
Elminster

Where I used to live in Texas, I heard a little story from my neighbor there. Apparently there was a house across the street and down about 3 houses from mine (straight across from my neighbor) where the residents were out of control party-people and, likely, dealing a few illicit substances from there. After repeated fruitless requests by him, other neighbors, and the police, the problems got worse. The gentlemans driveway was repeatedly blocked at all hours by party-goers and "customers." The man worked for the power company of a neighboring town and, through friends, arranged to have their power cut off. Another friend of his arranged to kill their phone service. They vacated within 2 weeks.

------------------
Gaelic